Weird day yesterday.

xaphod

OK .... I've had enough of housekeeping for a bit .... here's my story.

Went up to London for a mooch around yesterday, wearing spiky Sacha kneehighs and a knee-length skirt .... nothing new in that.

I found a nice piece of antique glassware at Liberty and was going home a little early to avoid too many people on the train (or really, for my VASE to avoid too many people).

Disappearing into the bowels of the earth at Oxford St tube, I thought I heard a familiar voice. Yep, the audio memory circuits did not deceive .... ex girlfriend from about 15 years ago !

She wasn't in the crowd, though, but using a loud-hailer to address the passing throng with some religious message. There she was, doing the evangelical soap-box bit, somewhat chubbier around the face, but still quite pretty. (I couldn't tell about the rest of her because she was wrapped up against the cold.) I stopped briefly to listen, but my appearance has changed quite a lot over that time, so she didn't recognise me, more regarding me as a freak. What has passed has gone, so I didn't stay to renew acquaintence.

Gets even sillier .....

On the underground a woman sat opposite me. I suspect that the Liberty shopping carrier said something about my not being your average type of cross-dresser and gave her confidence that I wasn't your average street-lunatic.

'I like your hat,' said she, and I replied that is was very difficult to buy decent hats in London nowadays.

Cue lots of flirting, which drew quite a few glances from the other passengers. The only thing I remember about her was the blonde hair, the blue eyes and the smile.

Didn't even remember what shoes she was wearing .... it must be love !

Xa

Fantastic. What a life you have! you should have swapped numbers! My wife spotted one of my ex girlfriends (unknown to her) unloading a car in a carpark once and commented on her weird legs. I didnt recall them being like that! Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

I once spotted my ex wife in Grimsby, her home town, whilst holidaying at Skegness. I didn't say anything and she never recognised me.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Xaphod, That is funny. I was in London last week for a few days and also saw the women preaching next to the Oxford St tube entrance. I noticed it because I am not used to seeing people preach on the street in Europe. Of course, in the US we have those folks everywhere. Funny. Didn't get any heeling in as I was with the family. I must say that there is lots of heel action in London. Women are generally very well dressed with nice shoes.