Wierd Dream

sscotty727

I had a really strange dream the other night. Not sure what it all means (usually my dreams always turn out the opposite, so maybe it is good things). Anyway, I had this dream that I had to go to North Carolina for some funeral (or something related to a funeral, not sure). Anyway, I fly there by myself. On the day I was leaving, I was wearing a pair of my heels. Only these weren't wedge heels, they had actual heels, although I think they were chunky. Anyway, I was on my way to the airport but it was closed (don't remember why). So I decided to take a bus back, but they said there were no busses going to Washington, DC. I was about to go rent a car at this place next to the bus stop, but they told me they guys there were real bad guys and I should stay away. So, unsure what to next I started just walking around trying to think about how to get back home. As I was walking around, women kept coming out of their houses and were SHOUTING at me for wearing heels (I remember looking down and seeing my pant leg stop just at the beginning of the shoe). They called me fag, queer and told me to get out of there. I vaguely remember yelling back and being greatly upset and offended. I mean, I think we all could understand someone looking shocked or having younger people laugh or make comments, etc. But these were housewives running OUT of their house to yell angerly at me for wearing heels. Finally, I went to visiti my step mom and told her about the situation and she took me to a friend of hers who rented jeeps and told her to fix me up with one so I could go home. I woke up not long after that. Not sure what to make of it. My wife thinks maybe it was subconscience fear of backlash for wearing heels?? That is odd because even though I stick to wedges to be discrete, I am not shy or fearful of wearing them out. As I said, in the past when I had dreams about something it was always the opposite that happened. Any ideas? Anyone else have dreams that involved wearing heels, etc? Scotty

Firstly, the theme of the dream was that you were on your way to a funeral, death=change. Secondly, the airport was closed so you weren't able to get to the funeral and so resolve the change. You tried to get home by the easiest way but couldn't as the buses weren't running. Home=staying the same. (The hiring car scenario is another way to prevent you from resolving your urge to stay the same.) You really wanted to get home but as you were wandering around trapped in the limbo between changing and staying the same, women were shouting at you about your heels. They were your subconscious telling you to make a decision, heels (go to the funeral) or not (stay at home). You were yelling back because you don't feel ready to make the decision and having to do so upsets you greatly... You then went to a person you knew could help you to resolve the situation, has your step mom (or any other woman you respect- wife perhaps) been nagging you to seek help to stop your heel wearing? ie to go home? Perhaps she is the one that prevents you from taking your heels to the next level? Did she suggest using the jeep to get to the funeral? Your dream is all about the unresolved issues you face. They might not even be to do with your heel wearing but something else you have to decide. Your step mom represents a female in authority and could actually be your wife, sister, real mom, grandmother etc. North Carolina is obviously some distance away from where you are as is your goal. You need to step outside your comfort zone and stretch yourself in small steps to reach your "North Carolina" whatever that is. It could be that one day that in your dream it will be easier to get to your destination than it is to go home!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Firstly, the theme of the dream was that you were on your way to a funeral, death=change.

Secondly, the airport was closed so you weren't able to get to the funeral and so resolve the change.

You tried to get home by the easiest way but couldn't as the buses weren't running. Home=staying the same. (The hiring car scenario is another way to prevent you from resolving your urge to stay the same.)

You really wanted to get home but as you were wandering around trapped in the limbo between changing and staying the same, women were shouting at you about your heels. They were your subconscious telling you to make a decision, heels (go to the funeral) or not (stay at home). You were yelling back because you don't feel ready to make the decision and having to do so upsets you greatly...

You then went to a person you knew could help you to resolve the situation, has your step mom (or any other woman you respect- wife perhaps) been nagging you to seek help to stop your heel wearing? ie to go home? Perhaps she is the one that prevents you from taking your heels to the next level? Did she suggest using the jeep to get to the funeral?

Your dream is all about the unresolved issues you face. They might not even be to do with your heel wearing but something else you have to decide. Your step mom represents a female in authority and could actually be your wife, sister, real mom, grandmother etc. North Carolina is obviously some distance away from where you are as is your goal. You need to step outside your comfort zone and stretch yourself in small steps to reach your "North Carolina" whatever that is. It could be that one day that in your dream it will be easier to get to your destination than it is to go home!

I think your reading too much into it;)

First of all, I wasn't torn to go home or the funeral, I think whatever I went to NC for (I think it was a funeral or something like that) was done and I was just trying to go back home.

Second, I've NEVER gotten alone with my stepmom, more tolerated her. To be honest, I stopped being close to my dad because of her. Now that he is gone, I really don't have any contact with her and won't. Wish her no ills, but she is nothing to me.

NC was just because that is where my dad (before he died), stepmom and halfbrother now live.

Also too, I've had dreams before where something happened and in reality the exact opposite happened. When my wife was pregnant with our first baby, I dreamt it would be a boy. In sports, I've had dreams (more than once) where a certain team one and then the opposite team always wins (and no, never placed a bet because of the dream, the one time I do that it won't work, you know how that goes).

Only thing I can think of was I fell asleep with my new boots on and maybe it somehow carried into my dreams that I was wearing heels?

I think you're right, Scotty, Dr. shoe is reading too much into it. I think it is a simple playing out your fears type dream. This is a very common type of dream which everyone experiences. As a person who wears only wedge heels in public, you suddenly find yourself in a public situation with something other than a wedge heel. The women screaming from their houses represents your subcouncious fears of repercussion. You yelling back seems to be a willingness to overcome those fears. Hope this helps.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I think you're right, Scotty, Dr. shoe is reading too much into it. I think it is a simple playing out your fears type dream. This is a very common type of dream which everyone experiences.

As a person who wears only wedge heels in public, you suddenly find yourself in a public situation with something other than a wedge heel. The women screaming from their houses represents your subcouncious fears of repercussion. You yelling back seems to be a willingness to overcome those fears.

Hope this helps.

Of course you know what this means also? Since my dreams are ALWAYS opposite, perhaps women would be telling me how nice they looked instead of yelling at me;)

Actually, there is only 1 women who's opinion matters anyway, and that is of course my wife. Lately she seems to be more supportive of not only me wearing heels (like the brown wedges which I don't want to wear to work but she things look fine) to her seemingly more interested in various heels and boots:)

Dreams are the sub conscious mind's way of contacting the conscious mind. What the subconcious is, is a kind of librarian. It files away all your experiences and links them with other experiences. This is why you experience a certain odour and it "reminds" you of a certain place or experience. Sometimes though, it wants you to know something and so the only way it can do this is through your dreams.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I had a really strange dream the other night. Not sure what it all means (usually my dreams always turn out the opposite, so maybe it is good things).

Anyway, I had this dream that I had to go to North Carolina for some funeral (or something related to a funeral, not sure). Anyway, I fly there by myself. On the day I was leaving, I was wearing a pair of my heels. Only these weren't wedge heels, they had actual heels, although I think they were chunky.

Anyway, I was on my way to the airport but it was closed (don't remember why). So I decided to take a bus back, but they said there were no busses going to Washington, DC. I was about to go rent a car at this place next to the bus stop, but they told me they guys there were real bad guys and I should stay away.

So, unsure what to next I started just walking around trying to think about how to get back home. As I was walking around, women kept coming out of their houses and were SHOUTING at me for wearing heels (I remember looking down and seeing my pant leg stop just at the beginning of the shoe). They called me fag, queer and told me to get out of there. I vaguely remember yelling back and being greatly upset and offended. I mean, I think we all could understand someone looking shocked or having younger people laugh or make comments, etc. But these were housewives running OUT of their house to yell angerly at me for wearing heels.

Finally, I went to visiti my step mom and told her about the situation and she took me to a friend of hers who rented jeeps and told her to fix me up with one so I could go home. I woke up not long after that.

Not sure what to make of it. My wife thinks maybe it was subconscience fear of backlash for wearing heels?? That is odd because even though I stick to wedges to be discrete, I am not shy or fearful of wearing them out.

As I said, in the past when I had dreams about something it was always the opposite that happened.

Any ideas? Anyone else have dreams that involved wearing heels, etc?

Scotty

Hi Scotty,

dreams are probably the most honest expressions of our identity because they are unfiltered by our consciousness. In my opinion our dreams are simply a chaotic reflexion of our wishes and our daily experiences. At the first look dreams are lacking from any logic. Nevertheless they are a mirror of our experiences, our wishes and our fears. Many neurologists say that our brain is processing during the sleep our experiences from the last day(s) - especially during REM phases. May be, because of sorting them for negligible and valuable information for longterm storage. Nobody has until now an assured explanation for our dreams; the psychoanalytical interpretation of Sigmund Freud is from a scientific standpoint inacceptable. Simply too much unproven speculations.

But it's always interesting, to remember the latest morning dreams! Unfortunately (or luckily?) they are after some hours completely forgotten. Naturally I had similar dreams like you but I have forgotten them altogether. The next time I'll try to write them down immediately after wakening up :D

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I've tried the notepad next ot the bed thing. I used to write as soon as I woke up, crust still in my eyes and everything. It didn't always look good but I always got the main idea down. Then my dreams got boring about a year ago (despite the fact that I dream in full color and Dolby 7.1 stereo), so I stopped doing it... as of typing this, I haven't had many dreams worth recalling

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Sscotty--what were you thinking about right before you went to bed? I know for me, what I think about right before I go to bed oftentimes becomes the theme of my dreams. Usually that means supermodels with really long legs and super hot pumps, but that's just me. kidding. About ten years ago I did have a dream where I was on a raft floating along a very small river and there were all these shoes floating not in the water, but hovering above it. Personally, I don't try for any Freudian or Jungian dream analysis though. To me, I just dream when I have alot on my mind.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Sscotty--what were you thinking about right before you went to bed?

I feel asleep wearing my new boots, so maybe that had something to do with it;).

When I used to stay in a hotel during the week, I wore my pumps ALL the time in the room (even sleeping) and used to have dreams of being at work in them, etc. Kinda like those nude dreams other have except I would be places wearing pumps that I would not want to be seen wearing them.

Anyway, I agree, it is just random things going around in my head and the brain just tries to piece them together to make sense.

As far as the funeral and my brother/step-mom go, the ONLY reason I can even think that could have been on my mind is because I am a major US football fan. My team (the Steelers of course growing up in Western PA, you couldn't be anything else) finally made it back to the SB. Maybe it got me to thinking of my dad and all and since he passed away this year, well, there is your connection to him.

By the way, I had a strange dream today too. I was coming back home by car, sitting in a back seat with a young, attractive girl and picking her up. And it turned out that her BF was driving- and he was jealous too :D so in a "nice little act of revenge" he drove me about 60 kilometers away, far beyond the city, and left me in this unknown territory. Whoa. Several times I expericenced what I've been dreaming about. That's a strange feeling (called deja vu), or maybe just a disturbance in the Force. And I fear that I'll be caught in such a situation someday...

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

I had a weird dream yesterday I was in a novelty shop (think Spencer's Gifts) - now if you've ever been there, you know that it's not exactly the most well-lit place. Well in this dream, the fluorides were in full effect. Anywho. I'm walking around this place, and all the way to the back, I find the types of heels and boots you'd see in an ebay search for a large size - stiletto heels, shiny manmade upper, in colors black, white, and red. I'm scanning through all these boxes, looking in curiosity for my size. Gold mine! It seemed like everytime I moved something different, a size 13 or 14 turned up. I wound up walking around and shopping in some knee high boots in black. I ended up not actually buying anything else, but I REALLY wanted those boots, so I went back and got the box they were in (which oddly enough, was the size of a regular shoe box and not the long box). I turned the box over... and there are multiple price markdowns! From $89.99 to $45.00 to $25.00 - down to $8.50!! I remember thinking to myself in this dream, "I can use cash to buy these!" (btw I don't ever carry much cash) So the checkout lady scans the barcode... $4.95 shows on the register! Now this is where the dream gets weird. Remember, I didn't buy anything else. But my mom happens to walk up to the queue, pay for my shoes, and just leaves! And of course the rest of the dream is just me doing regular stuff. Pretty weird...

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Tubehead's dream is all about guilt of doing things he doesn't think he should be doing, and suffering a punishment which actually turns out to be an opportunity to explore places he's never been before. Danielle's dream concerns having an ambiiton which is actually a lot easier to achieve than it appears and that people close by are unexpectedly waiting to help. Bothe these dreams are actually dreams of opportunity. Tubehead's is turning guilt and punishment into opportunity to expand horizons and Danielle's is showing that the only thing that prevents one from achieving their dream is themselves.

I dont know anything about dream analysis but this is weird. Night before last I dreamed that I was in down town Boston. There was a fire and I couldnt get to my car and had to find a way home. I was wearing my 5" red patent leather spikes and when I left the resturant every one noticed. The street people noticed, The people on the train noticed, Every one looked at my shoes and gave me a 2nd look. I gave a cab driver my last $20 to drive me the last two blocks and my heels were worn out and my neighbors were watching as we pulled up to my house. I took my shoes off and held them under my arm and my neighbors stared at my nyloned feet as I ran into my house. My high heel dreams are usually good.. This one really scared me!..... What do You think?

Love those heels!

Isn't this just a variant on that good old anxiety dream, like finding you're out in your underwear (or even less)?

Correct! The biggest anxiety is the general public finding out about your heels......?