High heel oxfords in public (or maybe not?)

Elegant

I've searched this forum a bit and stumbled across some pics and opinions about high heel oxfords (a.k.a. granny shoes, or governess shoes). Some were positive, but this style didn't appeal to most of people. I wonder why :D. High heel oxfords are a real turn-on for me, they're IMHO classy and elegant, and very androgynous- a "feminine" heel combined with a generally "masculine" shoe. Thus, at least for me, it's a fashion freestyler's perfect choice- could go well with a suit (or at least I imagine it that way :wink:), either conventional or more avant-garde (e.g. a tux, or made of leather), jeans etc. I haven't got any "granny shoes", but I'd like to someday :wink: either black leather or black patent (to match very elegant outfits), with max 4" heels not to make them look too blatant. What are your opinions?

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Why not go for it tubehead? If you like that style, and feel it will fit with your look in general, then just do it. I'm sure someone on this forum has already street heeled in Oxfords, but they're not my cup o tea

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I love the look of oxfords, would I wear them out? You bet, just not my 5", some day I will get me a pair with a lower heel stiletto, or chunky heel.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

To me, oxfords are the lace up boot that didn't quite make it. Sorry, but they are just not my cup of tea.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Why not go for it tubehead? If you like that style, and feel it will fit with your look in general, then just do it.

I'm sure someone on this forum has already street heeled in Oxfords, but they're not my cup o tea

Well, I'm just a "theoretical wearer" unfortunately and ain't got a pair, except for those in my dreams :wink:. I love the look of these shoes however. I'd like to buy some, but I have no cash and frankly I don't know of any places in Poland where I could buy some, and international transactions are too scary for me :D. Maybe some other time...

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!