high heels as "still life" artworks?

w6ish

i've always thought of my high heels as works of art for the foot. i have always enjoyed the designs and the line work. i find them pleasing to the eye and never grow tired of looking a them. i've been wondering what a picture or series of pictures of them would look like on the wall in a gallery or home and would there be a market for such a thing. i can visualize photos up to 24x24 inches. so i'm fooling around with ideas and i have to admit the test shots are taken with a cheap digital camera, the foreground has those cheap rubber toys and the background would be cleaned up but the general idea is as follows:

(i have posted the picture in a large size so you can get some idea of where i would like to go with the idea)

Posted Image

other pics can be viewed at: http://photobucket.com/albums/y74/whsp1234/

i would love to hear any comments or suggestions.

i've always thought of my high heels as works of art for the foot. i have always enjoyed the designs and the line work. i find them pleasing to the eye and never grow tired of looking a them. i've been wondering what a picture or series of pictures of them would look like on the wall in a gallery or home and would there be a market for such a thing. i can visualize photos up to 24x24 inches. so i'm fooling around with ideas and i have to admit the test shots are taken with a cheap digital camera, the foreground has those cheap rubber toys and the background would be cleaned up but the general idea is as follows:

(i have posted the picture in a large size so you can get some idea of where i would like to go with the idea)

other pics can be viewed at: http://photobucket.com/albums/y74/whsp1234/

i would love to hear any comments or suggestions.

I like this one the best. It looks like they are structural in some way. And the frogs are a nice touch :-)

Changing the background and cleaning the shoes so they are spotless (unless they are not intended to be) would help too. I wonder if painting a building on them (office tower?) would be interesting? I'm not sure how you'd do that without ruining them however.

Hey, I've done some similar 'artsy' type pics with my girlfriend's shoes in the past. i've not posted them though. It was done before I started getting good with my camera. Jen, I guess you know what my lady feels like when I take out the camera. she just sighs and rolls her eyes, but otherwise is a great sport and poses oh so well!!! has he done any special artistic layouts with you and do you care to post any here? RPM

thanks for the comments. its always great to have feedback while the idea is in the planning stage. i am a photographer and have played around with "arts" photography for a number of years but only recently started thinking about artistic photography using my high heels as the main subject matter. the test shots i posted here and on photobucket are first tries, so if i were to get serious i would definitely have the shoes spotless and the background would be neutral. i just wanted to play with the idea in the frame and see what happens. would you like to see some more? i could take a few more as i experiment with the idea. loved the idea of the high rise, the shoes as buildings. i was thinking of the shoes as a forest and the frogs were living amongst them. but the idea is very much in the development stage. having fun with it anyway.

thanks for the comments. its always great to have feedback while the idea is in the planning stage.

i am a photographer and have played around with "arts" photography for a number of years but only recently started thinking about artistic photography using my high heels as the main subject matter. the test shots i posted here and on photobucket are first tries, so if i were to get serious i would definitely have the shoes spotless and the background would be neutral. i just wanted to play with the idea in the frame and see what happens.

would you like to see some more?

i could take a few more as i experiment with the idea.

loved the idea of the high rise, the shoes as buildings.

i was thinking of the shoes as a forest and the frogs were living amongst them. but the idea is very much in the development stage.

having fun with it anyway.

I'd like to see more, yes. Your idea works best with very high platforms. Not sure what could be done with no plats...will have to think about that (it's all I have).

And yes, a forest would work great too.