Opinions on a pair of boots

sscotty727

Guys,

I found these on ebay. The action ends in about 3 hours (7:15pm EST). I am trying to decide. I like the wedges, but not too sure about the toes. Do you think these look too "feminine" or pointy? Remember, I have girls who are starting to question the styles I am wearing and I don't want anything too feminine. What do you think these would look like with a pair of jeans for say a weekend trip to the mall, etc?

Thanks,

Scotty

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi Sscotty727, I don't think these are too feminine etc, I wear nothing but pointy/stiletto knee high boots, that I would agree is more feminine. But these look really cool. I find the toe well rounded etc. I really like the wedge heel, have you seen these in knee high?

I got these on Ebay just before Christmas and have been wearing them everywhere during the holidays and now to work.

Posted Image

My Concern is that the fabric is thin and rubbery and has already turn around the seam and I had to fix it a few times. Not sure if they would hold up for everyday wearing. So I wanted to get something else I can wear outside of work and weekends. My preference would be a black shoe, but I can live with brown ones as well.

I've also seen these before (but don't see them now). I've considered getting them as well and darkening the heel. Not sure if this is what you mean by knee high.

Posted Image

Your best bet is to go to Ebay and type in "Wedge Heel 11" (or whatever your size is) or "Wedge Boot 11". These two seem to work well for me.

Scotty

Hey Scotty, Lets see, you have 6 things that can make them feminine: 1. The shaft 2. The bow on the shaft 3. The heel 4. The wedge 5. The toe box 6. The fabric 1-2 will be discreet, because your pant covers them, 3 is in the air depending on the shape of the heel 4 isn't too feminine for you as you already wear wedges 5 is also in the air for the shape of the toe box is perhaps more narrow than what you are used to. 6. isn't too feminine as its not super shiny pleather, or patent, just toned down "canvass". The fabric doesn't attract attention, and its not symbolically feminine. In my opinion, 5 is a non-issue. Its an almond shaped toe box. Almond shaped toe boxes are common in mens shoes. I think it boils down to the details of #3, the heel. And what is feminine or masculine ultimately depends on what you feel comfortable with. If the heel width is thick, I'd reckon you'd feel they were masculine. If the heel width is too thin, I'd guess you might feel they were too fem. I can't see the heel width from the back, so I guess just wait for now. Just my late night two cents b4 hitting the sack.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Kneehighs, Thanks for the input:) I already bought them (can't pay until the 13th, spent way too much on Christmas;) so I will just see how they look when they come in. I am not planning on wearing these for work, more for evenings/weekends, so they should be fine. I will let you all know when I get them. BTW, the bow I plan in tying into a knot and cutting. The shiny patent leather I will deal with depending on if it is visable or not. For those that don't like the style, that is cool. As I posted in other threads, I don't wear heels for the sexiness, I wear them for the feeling of wearing heels. I don't find them "sexy" at all, which is exactly why I wear them. Descreteness due to my personal situation (work, wife, kids). For sexiness, I find 4-6 inch pumps the best, but I can't wear that in public for the reasons stated above. Scotty

I like all of the styles. I say that if a man is wearing them, they aren't feminine, but I am one to push boundaries. I especially like the boots with the sweater-like shaft. I get a warm feeling looking at them. It would be a boot to wear with rolled-up jeans. At least, I'd like to try that. Conventional thinking is that anything silky, shiny, or satin-like is feminine. So if you are looking to avoid negative reactions from the conservative minded at work and in public, avoid those textures. And I guess bows are feminine, but not if they are the bows you tie in regular shoestrings. The distinctions get to be pretty fine! Bluetango A stranger is a friend I haven't met.

Bluetango

So many shoes and only two feet.

Terayon/Bluetango, Thanks for the input. I guess it is all a matter of what your comfortable with and why your wearing heels. I can see from Bluetango that your more interested in getting looks and wearing spiked heels. Good for you! You do whatever makes you feel good and to heck with others. Unfortunately for me, I am not in a position to completely go that route with my work and family, but I am able to do wedge heels and to some extent chunky heels, although I am doing alot less of the chunky heels to be honest. Maybe eventually once the girls are grown up and moved out and I am less concerned about work and all I might try to venture out in spiked heels (if I am not too old and in good shape by then). In the meantime, I am very much enjoying my wedge heels and I pretty much only wear wedge heels now:) Even just around the house as slippers or working around the house (like putting up Christmas lights, etc) I still wear my wedge heels:) Scotty

Scotty: It's not easy to tell the fabric in the photo, but the toe doesn't look overtly feminine to me. If people are already used to seeing you in wedge heels I don't think they'd notice. Bluetango hit it on the head with the fabric, I have a pair of black Lycra boots which are very noticable because of the satin-like appearance. Oddly enough I never liked wedges, but have recently been coveting a pair of wedge boots. Maybe something with a narrow heel and almond toe. Chris

Sscotty, Tastes change and everyone has different tastes. If someone doesn't like your shoes, it's no different from their not liking your favorite flavor of ice cream. Individual taste can't be explained, at least not well. Why does someone like green? Does it matter why? How the heck does one answer such a question? One just likes green. ( I should have picked a different color. I don't care for green.) Here are some personal observations which I find somewhat humorous: 1. I've always associated wedge heels with being more "feminine" than chunky heels. 2. However, since seeing the wedge styles you have picked, I've changed my mind. I think that a wedge heel can look as masculine as a block heel. And used with the right style elements, a wedge can look down right nice. 3. I sense that you don't view the block heel in as favorable a light as the wedge. A view different from my historical view. It is all a matter of taste and there is no way to explain taste. And our tastes change over time. I'm like Chris. Weges are starting to look attractive to me. They can look masculine and be accepted by the conventional thinking crowd. They can be stylish or not. Bluetango I'm thinking green is a nice color. :D

Bluetango

So many shoes and only two feet.

Hey Bluetango, It isn't that I prefer wedge heels over chunky heels, or even stilleto heels for that matter. It's more a matter of what looks more descrete and more acceptable to my wife/family. The wedge heels are less obvious than a chunky heel which is less obvious than a stilleto heel. If everything was equal and I had complete preference, I would probably wear a combination of all 3 (with a preference of a stilleto). However, right now in my life and situation, that isn't possible, so I am happy with my wedges vs flat men's shoes. On a side note, I've started to try to get more activity and get back on my diet (or not really diet, just more healthy eatting). Since I am on the 5th floor at work, I have been walking up and down the stairs several times during the day. The wedge heels lend themselves very well to this and also I can feel it alot more wearing heels!:D Scotty

All the boots are not feminine, except the constrating color ones, because the wedge stands out.

Better?

Very much, thanks.

If I got the ones with the constrating colors, I would probably darken the heel somehow so it wouldn't stand out.

Thanks,

Scotty

im with scotty on this one.....I like wedge heels the most for sure :D There is certainly an inherent degree of practicality associated with them, plus they just happen to by my preffered style of heel anyways. Only wedges and chunky heels can afford me the degree of mobility to which I have become so accustomed to all my life and still let me wear heels.

Sscotty727:-) You have settled on the wedge heel for the reasons you have sited. This satisfies both you and all others concerned. I say that I'm glad that you ordered them. Go for it. Enjoy! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Yes, saw that. Followed the links and looked for my size. They only have the ones posted and a pair of white wedge heels in a different style in an 11.

Scotty

Hi Scotty,

why not wedges, I'm open for every interesting style :D But with one exception I've never found boots with wedge heels in my size EU 44/45 ~ female US 13. And this exception is terrible expensive. Adding the freight rate for the shipment to Europe ... OMG :wink:

Nevertheless here a link http://www.shoesusa.com/images/large/JAZMIN415_co415js1.jpg

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Hey Micha, Nice boots, but too much of a platform for my tastes. If they didn't have the platform, they would be perfect. Sorry you can't find any in your size. Maybe if you contact an ebay dealer, you can find one that will ship to Europe for a discount? Also if your nice to Dr Shoe, maybe he can make you a nice pair;) Scotty