New at 7 inch

Claud

Hi to all! I'm new here (for posting, not for lurking :D ) and I need some advices about my new 7 inch heels. They are a pair of Oxford from The Highest Heel, in patent leather, bought off from Ebay for only 30 euros (about 35 USD). I know that aren't kitten heels, but I want to know if someday in the future I will be able to walk decently in them. Might I add that the size is 10M US, and I wear a 39-40EUR. The seller listed them as 41EUR. Is the right size (one size bigger for this type of shoes I've read on many sites)? Or maybe is this the problem? Thanks Claudia

Hi to all!

I'm new here (for posting, not for lurking :D ) and I need some advices about my new 7 inch heels. They are a pair of Oxford from The Highest Heel, in patent leather, bought off from Ebay for only 30 euros (about 35 USD).

I know that aren't kitten heels, but I want to know if someday in the future I will be able to walk decently in them.

Might I add that the size is 10M US, and I wear a 39-40EUR. The seller listed them as 41EUR. Is the right size (one size bigger for this type of shoes I've read on many sites)? Or maybe is this the problem?

Thanks

Claudia

Welcome Claudia,

Enjoy your time here and I look forward to your postings. As far as heeling at extremes is concerned, the general rule of thumg is that every one responds differently to such extremes. some prefer a size bigger, others a half size bigger, and a few rather keep their size. it all depends on the cut and the way your foot goes with that.

so, try them. if they feel ok, then you're in the ball park. you can in time get used to them and be able to stand with your legs straight. if you think you're going to go all day out and about in 7 inchers, even for a US7, let me wake you up right now!! but you can do well in them Ellen-Jay is one who has much smaller feet than you and she's learned how to walk in them around her place.

I'll let the others answer.... i've put in my 0.02 cents in!

RPM

I would suggest to wear them around the house for a while each day, and not attempt any walking for at least a few days. For walking about try something around 5 inches or more for longer periods first. Alternate between the two shoes, then try the higher ones once the lower ones are easy. Maybe try 6 inch a lot before migrating to the 7 inch?

The only way to wear extreme heels is to wear very high heels all the time. I knew a lady who never wore less than 5" on size 5 feet. Sometimes she wore 6.25" heels which were extreme to say the least!

Even in trainers she always walked on the balls of her feet as if she was in heels.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thanks for all your advices. As you all said (and I just feared it), it's only matter of training, and training in very high heels before the 7-inchers... Then, since I haven't any heel over 5 inch and I just can't wear any heel around the home, I will have hard time to get "used" to those shoes... Anyway, how about the brand The Highest Heel? And, lastly, are maybe easier to walk the ballet shoes than the 7-inchers? I think so because in 7 inch I see my toes extremely bent, and this is the problem for bent knees. Or I im wrong? Claudia (sorry for my english...)

hallo ClaudiaCD,

welcome ClaudiaCd on the forum. The brand "the highest heel" are mostly made in China and the shoesizing in EUR is compairing the feed size of the person. So when they say 41 EUR you can get shoes they have space at your toos or because of the high heel or at the back at you heel when you feed size is 39-40 EUR. But I don't know if they are pumps or have ankle straps (courts) so keep the shoes on your feed. With the 7" heel your feed can tilt forward (feeling of falling to the front), but I hope the heel is standing straid vertikal (90 degrees angle) and not more bending to the front. This gets a negative feeling of you balance and then will be compesated by bending your knees to find your balance again.

Sometimes I shortend the heel by take off the tip and 5 to 10 mm length cut of the shoeheel with a hacksaw (to cut throu the iron inside) and put the tip on again. You can feel the difference in you balance and see in you pose. You target of the high possible heel is become a little less but more confortable to walk.

And standing or walking on ballet heels is differents. A big part of the body weight is resting on your toos. A good padding or supporting your toos so they don't claps unter the pressure is important when wearing this type of shoes. But a lot of practice and not be afraid of some inconvenience you can have some pleasure of having ballet heels and being proud that you are able to walk in them.

There is more info in the "shorting heels" at "ultra high heels...".

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

good luck and enjoy your high heels

A3

Hallo ClaudiaCD, your shoes look nice but than you have to practise a lot to walk in them with grace. 7" heel is a lot for your small size but depent on how flexible your ankle will be and how you can found you balance while walking in them. But you have a hole new year for starting to walk and perhaps we can see some pictures and stories how you are doing. Go in high heels A3

• 1 month later...

You still need to fix the links. You should be able to click the thumbnail image and be taken through to the larger image. Your links do not include those URLs, so you get nothing more than the thumbnail..