Foot dimensions

BBLoverEric

Well, I measured my foot the other day so now I'm trying to figure out how to go about buying shoes/boots that would fit me. I measured the longest distance across and lengthwise on each foot and here are my finding. The left foot is 10.75" long and 4.25" wide, the right is 10.5" long and 4.5" wide. I also have thick feet. At the largest part -- right where the shin meets the top of the foot, the instep right? -- I'd say they're about 3.5" - 4". If anyone has a good size chart with measurments or knows about what size that would be around, please tell me. I have no way of trying on shoes and I would like to have a ballpark about where to start looking. -Eric

I'm not so concerned with the length, I know, generally, what I wear. In Dr. Martens I wear a 44 and I believe all Eu sizes are the same in women's as in men's. I just don't know about the width and what shoe makers are good for wide feet. -Eric P.S. When I use a shoe measure like that one or the metal ones I get something smaller than what I really wear. I don't know if that's because of the width or it's just how the shoes are made.

I think that a women's size 11 shoe is exactly (or very close to) 11 inches long. your issue is more of width than length, though, as i've found that size 13 shoes are seldom 12" long. for enclosed women's shoes i need a size 13 wide, no question. a 12 wide or a 13 wide should do you well, because your foot's dimensions are close to mine.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

The length of my feet is virtually identical to yours, but my feet are a 1/4" more narrow in each case. I also take a 44. In U.S. women's I need a 12M most of the time. But remember the sizes vary from one shoe to the next. Trying on is the only way to know for sure.

Go gently through life.