News and news

flavio

Hello everybody. I think it's time to start a new discussion here about male fashion in the real world today. One of them is not exactly about heels but due to the connection I hope it's correct to put on this part of the forum. Let's start about heels... I don't know if someone has read before since it has sometime was on the press in Brazil: Last year a doctor from the Unicamp - University of Campinas in Brazil - gave some good news about high heels wearing and health. He discovered that heels can increase the blood pressure in the leg's vains, the way that it helps to prevent some blood circulation problems on the legs. He did it making 10 women walk several miles in an electric mat (or belt, I don't know exactly in english) with and without heels and made several measures of the pressure on the legs. He says that the pressure increases about 30% in heels of 10cm. He says too that foot problems like flat feet and wrong spin angle can be corrected with the usage of high heeled shoes. THE BEST PART: the doctor himself is wearing shoes elevated on the back part during the interview. The second is more related to general fashion but can be the start of a way for us to start wearing heels more and more: There are several companies looking for the guys that uses cosmetics. In Brazil is possible to find hair ink, nail polish, face lotions and even makeup, all made especifically for MEN. Ox, Anna Pegova and Niasi are some of the companies that are looking for more then 15% of market share of this kind of products for men. All I have been hearing here about metrossexualism is incredible, of course some narrowed mind people says that those guys are gays, it's not what I think of course. I myself like to go to the manicure and podologist to take care of my nails and feet (my wife hates when my feet are ugly and I'm wearing sandals ;) ) Could it be a sign of the new era when we'll be free to wear what we like??? What do you think guys?

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

A good friend of mine is currently a Dr in Chicago.. I wonder if I can get a prescription for heels.. Submit some nice custom made footwear to my insurance company *grin* Great news to hear, keep us updated if anything new comes out ;) Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")