New shoes!

radiodave

Last weekend I told my girlfriend (already cool with me wearing heels) that I would like to pick out a lower heeled pair, and wear them all weekend. She was cool with that, although I didn't quite get up the gumption to go street heeling. So I picked these out:

Posted Image

They were quite comfortable, and her only concern was to be prepared for some guffaws if I wore these in public, but she didn't have a problem if I decided to wear them outside. I found these on eBay, and hopefully they will be on their way soon. I just couldn't resist. I think sandals with a single strap over the toe are cool.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Someday maybe I will be wearing these in public, but it might take a little working up to that for me. Still, nice to read about others' experiences here, and I hope to work up that point.

-Dave

I think that the only thing more daring than wearing shoes in public is buying them used. I don't care how much you sanitize them before even handling them for the first time... blech...! Personally, they have to be new or I ain't buyin' 'em! I like the straps on the pair you got, but I'm not crazy about round toes.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

RadioDave:-) You picked out 2 cool pairs of shoes. The second pair that you showed in your pic will need to be swapped around so that you get them on the right feet. TEE! HEE! Keep us posted when you begin street-heeling in them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Wow, that first pair of shoes is awesome! I'm a huge fan of that style, so much that I'd go broke for a pair in my size (and I did, once...) I also agree that sandals with the single strap across the top are nice. Maybe not for street-heeling, per se, but you could definitely do it in the first pair. Rock on!

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

The second pair that you showed in your pic will need to be swapped around so that you get them on the right feet.

Nah... he can just start a new trend - cross-legged walking!

;)

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Thanks, and I do like the first pair a lot. The second pair was listed as being new and never worn, so I guess I'll see if that's true or not. Always a bit of a crapshoot when buying off eBay. I know it's been said if we don't go out and wear them people won't get used to them, but I do dream of the day when we can wear dress shoes that we like. Women have so many different styles that look nice, and we have... Slim pickin's. I do have a pair of lace up sandals (flats) that I wore on vacation earlier this year, and nobody blinked. I'll see if I can get a picture of them. -Dave

Radiodave, I love both of those styles. Anything that goes aroung my ankle makes me feel sexy. Those are too cute, enjoy.

I hope that my wife asks me if i'm giong to wear those 4 inch leg wrap sandals that i bought from NIKE. Just a wish for the men in the world like us.

RadioDave:-) That first pair of shoes is really nice and I like them myself. Those would be perfect for street-heeling under long jeans. Sandalfan:-) Walking cross-legged...TEE! HEE!. That's rich! Some of us have trouble walking with one foot in front of the other in heels...and you want us to walk cross-legged? Cheers--- Dawn HH

RadioDave:-) I understand what you say about shaving legs. I shave mine. It looks much neater than being hairy. Besides that...Dear Abbey says that it is all right for men to shave their legs. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I shave mine too, but it serves a dual purpose. I have really bad vericose veins on the back of my legs, and having hair there makes them itch more than usual. The other purpose is that I wear pantyhose and stockings, and it would look aweful if I had hairy legs in them.