Some pics of my new pumps

luxxyheels

Nice pumps, luxxyheels. The heel geometry looks like the are exceptionally easy walking.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Those are the J. Renee snakeskin pumps, aren't they? I've seen those before! Pretty stylish shoes! I might have to look into those! Heh! ;)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Those are the J. Renee snakeskin pumps, aren't they? I've seen those before! Pretty stylish shoes! I might have to look into those! Heh!

;)

And here I thought you'd never do anything below 5" again, Jeff. :lol:

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

And here I thought you'd never do anything below 5" again, Jeff. :lol:

Well, if a particular shoe catches my eye, I wouldn't mind suspending my little rule about heel height. I'm always willing to keep an open mind! Heh!

:D

Appears to me that you're becoming "style consciences" where the look of the outfit trumps the height of the heel, JeffB. Keep going for the overall look -- that's where real class lies. ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Eelskin! Ahh! I see, said the blind man! Well, in any event, those are sharp looking pumps! I might just have to invest in a pair and see what they're all about! And bubba, yes, I do my best to be style conscious, when wearing women's shoes in public, you damn well better look your best!

;)

Luxxyheels:-) Those are a very nice looking pair of shoes you have got there. The design of the toebox is a bit different. They must of been very easy to break in as you just put them on and put them to work while doing your chores. That height of heel should make for an easy walking shoe. JeffB:-) You should get a pair of these to go with your other pair of eelskin shoes, even though these have a lower heel height. We haven't seen any pics of you wearing your heels at work lately. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Yes, the pictures do show some wear that is typical of walking on concrete or other hard surfaces. One characteristic of almost all women's shoes is that the soles aren't really for durability. The more femine and dainty styles tend to wear out more quickly than loafers or sports wear. One reason for this, I believe, is that most women purchase a pair of shoes to match a specific outfit. They only wear that pair with the dress or clothing the shose match. And, therefore, they might get worn once or twice a month and actually go out of style long before they have reached the point of sole repair (excluding heel tips, that is).

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Actually, if you are going to wear heels out in public for lengthly periods, I find it more comfortable to wear 3" and 4" heels because they're easier to walk longer distances and for standing longer periods. Besides, if a person wore 5" or 6" heels to the mall and, after a couple of hours, began to limp or drag their steps, I think it would be very embarrassing. ;)

Actually, if you are going to wear heels out in public for lengthly periods, I find it more comfortable to wear 3" and 4" heels because they're easier to walk longer distances and for standing longer periods. Besides, if a person wore 5" or 6" heels to the mall and, after a couple of hours, began to limp or drage their steps, I think it would be very embarrassing. ;)

This is precisely how I do it Bubba. 3 to 4 inches I can go all day, 5 inches I can go only for 3 or 4 hours. So I plan ahead when wearing 5 inches.

Using 5" and 6" heels at the Mall will not be condusive for a lot of wear and walking and standing in them for long periods of time. You are much better off wearing 3" or 4" heels for that kind of duty and you will be much more comfortable and your feet will be much more happy when you get done wandering around the Mall and you will be able to wear them for much longer periods of time walking and standing on the hard Mall flooring. I have put in many hours of Mall walking, so I know. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I couldn't agree more. If you're going to be on your feet for long periods of time and/or doing a lot of walking, say, at a mall, then a 3 or 4 inch heel is the best bet in terms of comfort. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have cushioned insoles in your shoes or boots to lend an added level of comfort during the course of a lengthy outing. When your feet feel good, you feel good, and that increses the enjoyment of being out and about in heels. ;)

JeffB wrote:

When your feet feel good, you feel good, and that increses the enjoyment of being out and about in heels.

Way back when I first joined Jenny's website and chat room, I used to have long discussions with Jenny about wearing high heels for long periods of time. While Jenny liked extreme heel for "clubbing" and dress-up occasions, she preferred 4" heels for every day wear to work and doing normal living things. At the time, I didn't wear my heels out in public very often. And, at that time, while I really wanted to stroll up and down the street wearing my 5" pumps, I had to agree with her that heels no higher than 4" were the "smart" shoes to wear.

Now, because I wear heels more often in public, I really agree that the lower heels, besides being less conspicious, really do keep your feet feeling good. ;)

JeffB:-) I quite agree on the use of cushioned insoles. I have them in several pair of my boots. When I get a new pair of boots and they are broken in around the house, I then take them out for a short run on pavements. If I don't experience toe-burn on the short run, I will not use insoles in them as they are already padded enough for long runs. If I do experience toe-burn, then I put in a pair of insoles, or sometimes 2 pair, for the long runs. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Well, I've learned through bitter experience the difference one single inch can make. Just yesterday, I spent six hours at the mall in four inch heeled boots (with cushioned insoles) and felt great the whole time. But, back in July, I wore five inchers while downtown and was spent after only one hour on the pavement, even with insoles. That told me that lower heights provided more comfort, especially for lengthy outings. Definitely food for thought!