shoe sizes for men

t-strap lover

I would like to tell about my experences in buying the right shoe size. First, I wear a size 10-10.5 in mens US. I found I can wear an open toe sling back in womens 10 or 11 with low heel. 4 in sandal 11 or 12. classic pump which also includes straps and my favorite t-strap will require a size 12W. Higher the heel will mean going to a size 13 and in some cases a 14. These are not what anyone else might need but it might help. also keep in mind the shoe company and very important if the shoe is man made or leather. I'll supply more info later and will be glad to post any questions you might have. Have a good day.

t-straps are my favorite style.

T-straps wrote:

also keep in mind the shoe company and very important if the shoe is man made or leather.

Wow, T-straps, you've broken the code. :wink: Let me add one other point. Occasionally, different style of shoes made by the same manufacaturer will vary in size, too. So, a word to the wise. Always try the shoes on before you buy them...saves a lot of sore feet in the end. :lol:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Always try the shoes on before you buy them...saves a lot of sore feet in the end. :wink:

such awesome advice.

since arriving to atlanta, i've been shopping in more than a few shops, and have found that trying on shoes is a cinch to me now. now if only i could find something in my size... sandals are always an easy go because they're open/closed, but boots and pumps? totally new to me.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Ya shoe sizing (US) is an odd thing: Men's shoes (dress or running shoes) = 10.5-11 Men's flip flops = 10 mens Women's flip flops or mules or strappy sandals = 10/11 Women's sandals with ankle strap = 11/12 Women's pumps, boots, loafers = 12 I really broke the rule once when I bought a pair of women's platform wedge loafers that were 10 and they fit like a gem. It mostly depends 1) the make, and 2) the style. That's why you got to watch when you buy something online.

It is a confounding game. I've always found that going with a natural material vs. man-made will let the shoe or boot gradually stretch or form to my foot. The man-mades will stretch for the current wearing but always return to their original shape, meaning another break-in the next time.

"It's just a flesh wound"

Ya shoe sizing (US) is an odd thing:

Men's shoes (dress or running shoes) = 10.5-11

Men's flip flops = 10 mens

Women's flip flops or mules or strappy sandals = 10/11

Women's sandals with ankle strap = 11/12

Women's pumps, boots, loafers = 12

I really broke the rule once when I bought a pair of women's platform wedge loafers that were 10 and they fit like a gem. It mostly depends 1) the make, and 2) the style. That's why you got to watch when you buy something online.

Well, you fare somewhat better than me; here's a similar breakdown:

Mens dress shoes, or boots - 12

Mens athletic sneakers - 13

Womens sandals - 11 or 12; 13 not necessary

Womens ankle strap shoes - 12 wide, unless the strap is extra long

Pumps, boots, etc - 13 wide

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

• 2 weeks later...

well my breakdow is: Mens dress/sneakers 12 Womens sandals 11-12 Womens dress 11-12 The really strange thing is that my fiance wears 9-10 and i can fit some of her snadals without hanging over the fromt or the back.

I hope that my wife asks me if i'm giong to wear those 4 inch leg wrap sandals that i bought from NIKE. Just a wish for the men in the world like us.

I agree that shoe sizes can be a curious conundrum. My men's shoe size is 7 1/2 to 8. For women's shoes, depending on brand and style, it varies from 9 to 9 1/2, to occasionally 10. But some shoes, both men's and women's, will not fit my feet. One size is too tight, but the next larger size is too loose. Knowing this from experience, I try on every shoe that I buy, and spend some time walking around wearing them in the shoe store, if I am at all uncertain. Sometimes this is amusing, like the time I was at Marshall Fields during a big, well attended sale. There I was in the women's shoe department trying on stiletto high heels and knee boots, literally rubbing shoulders with ladies scrambling along side me, all of us trying to find our size. Then I was wedged between two ladies on the bench, trying on these fashionable tall boots. While my arms were loaded with boots, a shoe salesman asked if I needed help finding anything else, adding that, "I know those aren't for you." Moments later, I brought my purchases to the same salesman, who had to retrieve the boot's mates and boxes from the stockroom. When he returned, I asked to try on both the left and right boots of a spike heel stiletto sttyle, adding conspiratorically that they were for me, indeed. Better to risk embarrassment, than to go home with shoes that don't fit. And come to think of it, why be embarrassed to buy shoes or try them on? Nothing wrong with that, is there? Some women think that I am cute in heels.