Have you come across interesting reading about high heels?

JB

For those who can read french, the "Gazette des Femmes", a magazine published by the "Conseil du statut de la femme" of the Government of Québec, Canada has an article on high heels. Go to: csf.gouv.qc.ca/gazette and click on "sommaire" and also on "communiqué". If you can't read it, have it machine translated on the web. _________________ <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JB on 2002-05-10 16:58 ]</font>

An interesting little compilation of history, medical fact and conjecture: Le talon aiguille disparaîtra-t-il un jour ? La sexologue Isabelle Hénault fait remarquer que le talon haut est l’une des dernières pièces de notre habillement à distinguer les femmes des hommes. Will the stiletto heel disappear one day? The sexologist Isabelle Henault makes the point that the high heel is one of the last pieces of our clothing to distinguish the women from the men... I wonder if that is enough to keep the stiletto heel alive, or if this is true, that this style will be lost in the unisex revolution. Personally I don't think this will be so as the reason of distinguishment falls into insignificance alongside the other advantages heels bring. Mind you, all those sci-fi pictures of 22nd C people has both sexes in silver space type suits with not a heel in sight. I hope they're wrong on that!

I think as long there is a need for people to express their individually. High heels will be all ways be part of the wardrobe in one shape or form.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

There will always be us!! No matter what the fashion-guru's tell us to do..

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

If they stop making heels I will wear mine until they fall apart, and have them put back together again. We can rebuild them. Stronger....faster... Oh, right, stay on the subject. If I can keep a few pairs of heels safe, and somehow they vanish, one day the remaining pairs can be sued as a model to make more! Heels are ingrained in our brains, and there are enough people buying them on the internet these days that the style will not vanish. It's a fetish, and that is something very difficult to destroy.

• 3 weeks later...