Has anybody from the UK managed to buy heels from Zappos?

HeelD

As title. (Put this in the everybody forum as some girls may be able to help me as well). I've seen some shoes I'm interested in and they look like they're only available at Zappos (as frantic searching of the internet suggests). They're Clarks Pr!vo shoes and it's nightmare trying to find them in a size 8(UK) in the UK (I'm going to try McArthur Glen in Swindon at the weekend - Bicester Outlet didn't have them). Unfortunately, Zappos don't ship worldwide (dunno why they'd make a killing IMO!:wink:), so I was wondering if anyone here managed somehow to get some shoes to the UK? (eg. through a US forum member here). The last hope is the Clarks Village in Somerset - which I may go to over the bank holiday weekend. Or Clarks in Milton Keynes. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Actually - Zappos DO SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!! AND they ship FOR FREE - it's plastered all over the top of the Homepage!! They also offer a NO QUIBBLE 365 days RETURNS Policy!!! I've just spent a week exchanging EMails with them over payment methods and shipping charges - and they WILL ship overseas. Someone didn't look at the site hard enough methinks!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Actually - Zappos DO SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!! AND they ship FOR FREE - it's plastered all over the top of the Homepage!!

They also offer a NO QUIBBLE 365 days RETURNS Policy!!!

I've just spent a week exchanging EMails with them over payment methods and shipping charges - and they WILL ship overseas.

Someone didn't look at the site hard enough methinks!

Really! That's good news then... but it says this on the website as Emma pointed out...

Q: Do you ship to addresses outside the United States?

A: We ship to all US States and Territories. Sorry, we do not ship internationally at this time.

Maybe they haven't updated their webpages.

I'll e-mail them to confirm this.

Thanks guys.

I owe you guys a slight apology. Zappos are not shipping Worldwide AT THE MOMENT - but I received an EMail from their Customer Services end of last week letting me know that they hope to be soon - and it will go on the website as soon as.... The FREE shipping IS to the US and Territories..... ....sorry!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

That's no problem pussyinboots. Shipping Worldwide soon as eh! Something to look forward too. I might just wait it out a bit longer. :wink: dr1819 - unfortunately shoebuy don't do the Pr!vo by Clarks style I'm after but thanks for the link anyway. :lol:

USGlobalmail works fine! I have bought many pairs of shoes from US and stores which dont ship internationally. I live in Finland and it takes about 8 days to get package from Texas (Globalmail office) to here. Last week I found new mailforwarding office who can also buy stuff for you from US stores which acceopt only US issued credit card.

Well, I managed to find the pair I was after in a Clarks shop in Wales on Saturday. On sale for £10!

These were the shoes in question:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/6489209/c/26008.html

Not strictly high heels but they are cool (ladies) sporty type pumps with a 2 inch heel. They're not actually white it's more of a milky grey in reality, but they look very cool. I'm very happy. They are VERY comfortable. :wink:

They also have them in black and other colours which I fancy going for if I can find them in Clarks in the UK, or if not, I'll hold out until Zappos do international shipping.

Thanks for your help.

you're quite brave, heel-d, to wear a 'mary-jane' strap on a shoe, and with a slingback too. gone are the days when Clarks made all their shoes in their own Somerset factory where the sizes were consistent on their old lasts. now they source from cheap production, the size consistency is lost and much missed. they have a 'factory outlet' near me but the place is irredeemably dull where a 1.5" heel counts as extreme! nevertheless, people queue up at the till with basketfulls of shoes - I think they take them back to family in remote and desparate parts of the world.

/I