Taking the first steps

kennard

Hello, everyone. :wink:

I've recently bought two pairs of platform sandals, but unfortunately I haven't had a chance to really walk in them, so far I've just worn them in the privacy of my own bedroom. The reason? I don't live alone. I share an apartment with my sister, who doesn't know I like to wear high heels. She herself doesn't have any, and even if she did they'd never fit me... :lol: (Her feet are much smaller than mine)

Anyway, she's going away on a trip this next wednesday and will return only next monday, which means I'll have the apartment all to myself for several days! Yay! :oops: I'm hoping to take a good walk during these days (actually, during the nights, after I come home from work).

I'm very excited about it, and I promise to tell you guys how it goes, OK? ;)

K.

If the high heel shoe fits, wear it!

Welcome aboard, kennard! I hope you'll enjoy the site! Speaking as a veteran, the very first time out is always the hardest, but once you get that experience under your belt, it'll become progressively easier to go out in heels, and, more importantly, you'll come to enjoy it and want to do it more. By all means, keep us posted on your progress! :wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Welcome here Kennard, Have a nice few days at your apartment. You can now practice a lot on walking on HighHeels. And as Shafted and JeffB mentioned, please write your experience here on this forum............. fex

As I mentioned before, my sister is away on a trip so I've been free to walk around the apartment in my platform sandals. It's been great walking from my bedroom to the living room and to the kitchen, and then all the way back. :lol: And before anyone asks, no I didn't try going outside. ;)

For those who haven't seen the shoes yet, here's a pic:

Posted Image

Let's call the one on the left "black/white" and the one on the right "black/silver".

Wednesday night I wore the black/white sandals. They're about 14cm high and they fit very comfortably. Walking in them is a little tricky, but on the other hand the heels don't make much noise (more like a dull thump), which is good, since it won't bother the neighbors (i hope). :oops: Here's some snapshots:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Incidentaly, before I got home wednesday night I had to go grocery shopping, so I headed to the mall. Once there I went to one of the megastores (like Wal-Mart) and I saw they had some shoes (both male and female) on display. There were some high heels but, sadly, not one in my size. :( What was interesting was that the shoes were displayed on open shelves, and you had to actually grab a pair to check the size. While I tried to find a pair that fit me, there were some other costumers around and nobody seemed to care (one way or the other) that I, a man, was checking the women's shoes. ;) Not that I, myself, cared for what they might be thinking, I was focused on trying to find some new shoes! ;)

Thursday night it was time to wear the black/silver. They're not as high as the black/white, only about 13cm. They fit, but a little looser, which makes walking in them also a bit tricky. The heels are very noisy, so I had to try and tone it down a little. :D Unfortunately, I couldn't take any pictures. I'll wear them again tonight, and see if I can take some snapshots. It'd help a lot if I had a better webcam. :)

Well, now that I've spent some time walking in heels, I must say it's not that difficult, but I have some muscles complaining about the effort. I can live with that. ;)

K.

Cool shoes. Both pairs are something I would wear. Thats cool. It sounds like you've been enjoying wearing your shoes doing your time to yourself at your apt. It is a little tricky at first but plats are easy to walk in, just keep at it you'll get the hang of it in no time. It is allways an intersting experince going to wallmart or payless to buy sheos because all of the are on open shelves. I notice when I do it no one seems to notice as well. One guy looked at me strange but thats about it I think...

It's all good. ~Arron.

Dont worry kennard. With practice you muscles will stop complaining. It's just that your using them in a different way than they've been used to. They will adapt.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I do thank you for posting the pics. However, they're kinda of dark and hard to see the shoes in them. :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I do thank you for posting the pics. However, they're kinda of dark and hard to see the shoes in them. :lol:

Sorry about that, but it's the best I could do. As I mentioned before, it'd help a lot if I had a better (newer) webcam. :oops: I do intend to buy a new one, and then I'll take more pictures, hopefully including new shoes. ;)

K.