Long time no see... and a new pair of shoes

lion

Hi you all,

I haven't been around here for a while, but I'm still alive and kicking! Hope you're all doing well. I'm also still wearing my heels regularly, even on the job. Today I just had to buy some new shoes (haven't bought any in about a year. After some twelve pairs of boots, it was time for a change. With these temperatures (30C + ) nowadays over here in the Netherlands boots just aren't very practical. So I went to Silhouette, and was assisted choosing a pair very well bij Nel (BTW she asked how all you guys are doing). Well here they are:

Posted Image

See you later...

Lion:-) How could you possibly go a whole year without buying a pair of heeled shoes or boots? BTW...I could not bring up your pic to see what your shoes looked like. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thank you for your compliments. They walk surprisingly well too, maybe due to the shape of the heel (they are exactly 10cm on my size 40). Today I wore them to work, it sure made some heads turn! Didn't get any vocal comments though, but it seems a lot of rumours are going around now, although all my colleagues are used to seeing me wearing 10cm+ heels. These open shoes compared to boots sure make a difference... Maybe it's the ankle strap or the little chain dangling around (I thought of getting rid of the chain, but to me they look much better with it). Somewhere in the next few days my wife (who also works at the same company as me) will ask around a bit for opinions. Including Mrs. source-of-rumours-nr1 , I'm curious.... Lion

Lion:-) Your pic came through this time. What a lovely pair of shoes, and they look stunning on you. I like them. Have you been wearing heels to work long? What has been the reaction from your co-workers? Does your wife mind that you wear heels to work? What kind of work do you do and in what setting? I'm just full of questions, aren't I? Cheers--- Dawn HH

Awesome shoes lion! Definitely don't ditch the chain. You'l have to let us know about your wife's report.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Great looking shoes, Lion! The chain is definitely a nice touch! Could you tell us more about the shoes? Where you bought them, who made them and what the fit is like? Inquiring minds wanna know! :P

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

hi lion great to see u popping back in love the new shoes they look smashing i am not surprised they turned heads, u must have all the girls green with envy. oh an leave the chain on them, looks much better with it. keep the pics coming. cheers nhoj62

Not a thing wrong with that pair of shoes. And it's great you had the opportunity to wear them to work, too. I wonder if your wife also wore heels as high as you did? And, what reaction, if any, did the two of you get when you both appeared in heels? All I can say is - JeffB, move over -- there's another "work-a-heel" in our midst. :P

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Asdf174:-) There is nothing wrong with late night partying if you enjoy that activity. Do it in heels. Have fun. Enjoy! Bubba136:-) You have come up with some great questions and I would like to know the answers myself. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Finally found some time for posting another picture and some anwers ;o) .

Calv : Me, my wife and our son are doing great. It was just a very busy year. I sure haven't forgotten you all, and I hope we will meet again sometime. Even the older lady from Silhouette (Nel) asked about you guys.

Dawn HH : I've been wearing heels since end of 2001, around that time a also started wearing them to work. It took at least 10 cm blade heel to get some reactions. Reactions are mostly neutral (you can wear what you want), to mildly positive (they look good on you, they suit you well). My wife doesn't mind me wearing heels to work. For my work I install Windows Server systems and Cisco routers, so mostly I have to go to a customer on site. Because of my router-knowledge I only get planned for large customers, and at 3 of those large customers I also wear heels (that's 10 cm+ nearly stilletto heels).

Here is a picture of me wearing my new shoes (the first one was actually a picture taken from the site of Silhouette):

Posted Image

Lion

Damn lion! They look better on your feet than the model's.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.