Taking that HUGE step forward

ShockQueen

So far so good! I have completed the transition from flats to platform boots to stiletto boots at work.....now I'm seeing about taking that final step......to PUMPS! Can it work? Possibly! I don't see why not! The pumps are the same height as my stiletto boots, so the transition may not be that much of a shock. I figure if I can make this push, then anything is truly possible, although I think I've proven that point at my work already. People I've run into at work don't mind what I wear, so I don't think it'll surprise 99% of them. Wish me luck!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Giant steps aren't what you take Walking in your stils sorry! couldn't resist that one! :smile: More power to you if you find that you have no problem with acceptance. By the way that it's all going for you, I can't see that you should gain any negativity. Have fun whichever way it turns out :smile:

I agree there. Since I wear black tights anyways, the transition shouldn't be too terribly shocking, other than the pumps are black patent and my boots are flat black. Not too terrible much of a change, I would think.

Well...I'm doing this transition like I did the last one. I went out on my last break and switched from my stiletto boots to my black pumps, so we'll see how this goes. Too bad it's hard to find just flat black in large sizes these days. I'm hoping to get some more cool ones from Rave's here soon anyways....

Sadly, larger sizes are limited in style because of the fetish aspect. I guess people aren't always buying them to wear outside. That is awful for me, because I'm a tall girl who needs a larger size and I would not like to be limited to patents anymore. I know how it is, SQ. I so totally relate to the lack of styles. I hope it goes well. Be daring and change the world! Oh, um, be daring and change your shoes. Maybe that would be better? :smile:

I'm sure I can get more styles here shortly...it's just a matter of ordering them. Kind of a perk for working down at Rave's, I guess.... Anyhoos....the experiment is proceeding well, as my supervisor through my wearing pumps tonight was pretty cool, and no one else seemed to notice (or if they did they didn't say anything). My friends are used to it already, so I don't expect them to react much, except they always know when I spring in with a new style. My wife thinks I'm crazy for wearing heels to work, and thinks I'm going to get in some type of trouble, so tomorrow, I'm going to sit down with my supervisor, and just ask her if she thinks I'm pushing things to far, and get her opinion on it as well. I'm pretty sure she'll think it's no big deal, but I'll post the reply here tomorrow night, so stay tuned!

Well, speaking as someone who's worn nothing but pumps to work of late, including a pair of black patents, I don't think it'll be any sort of problem with you. Since your co-workers are already sued to what you wear, the transition should be an easy one. Still, it was a wise move to ask your supervisor about it. Me? I never asked anyone, I simply wore pumps to work and that was that! No headaches, no hassles, no nothing....except for compliments of course. In time, you may well find that the more you wear pumps to the office, the more reluctant you'll be to wear anything else, just like me! Cheers!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

SQ: Be advised that sooner or later some one is going to come down on you hard. It’s happened to me many times, you just have to be tough. Why talk to anyone about it? You can’t fight it; you can no more wear flats than fly. Just take your lumps when they come. I gave a Dale Carnegie speech about this several years ago showing my 5” stiletto heeled boots, I think it helps you be more sensitive to other minorities and the crap they put up with.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the support! Today I wore my black slacks, black velvet button-up shirt, silver goth rings, and black patent pumps to work. So far so good! Today will be my first full day in pumps at the office. I should be having my 'one-on-one' chat with my supervisor tonight or on Sunday, and then I'll ask her flat out what she thinks - that way the issue will be laid to rest.

Does it matter so much what your supervisor thinks? I mean if my boss said anything about my boots I'd tell him where to get off. Not that he ever has of course. I do a hard days (and sometimes night's!) work. If I happen to have 4" bits of plastic under my feet while doing so, I don't see the relevance. I often attend meetings in heels and have won lots of contracts wearing them. I can sort of see your point actually James, but say your supervisor said boots were OK but stiletto pumps were not. I mean, I can't see she would be exercising anything other than her personal fashion perceptions. I'd hope most people in a position of responsibilty are level headed but there are plenty of idiots around. Thankfully your boss seems a cool person so I don't think it will be a problem.

Inside, it's not really that big of an issue. I may or may not ask, after thinking about it more, and reading what has been said here. You are right....if she would have found a problem with it, it would have been said before now. It's kinda funny that at night nowadays we talk about fashion and compare each others shoes sometimes as well. I commented on her sandals last night and told her that I had some that were similar - she thought that was cool too. Thanks for the good advice! I don't know WHAT I was wembling about there. ONWARD!

I think I've either gotten way used to wearing heels at work, or I've gone barmy, one of the two. Why? you ask? Well...I think I've broken the atmospheric threshold in heels! Today I started off in my 5" chunky-heeled platform boots that are so comfy, then I switched into my monster sandals that I got from Rave's - 7" semi-chunky heel and THREE-inch front rise! I just continue to stun people, but they all think it's cool that I can pull it off so well. If there was EVER a doubt in my mind that I could pull it off, it's gone FOREVER now! :smile: btw...my supervisor did see them and thought they were really cool! I guess she likes unusual fashion! I think I can walk on the water now! wheeee!!!! (or at least water ski!)