My experiences of buying heels in Florida

heelium

Hi I posted a thread before going on my holiday to Florida regarding buying heels there,I recieved a few tips and help from a few of you thanks. As the original thread has been lost due the restore of an earlier backup I thought that I would let you know how I got on over there. Firstly---Im in love with Nine West shoe shops, 9 of 10 of my purchases of heels were from their shops. I bought all but three of my Nine West shoes from the outlet centres in the Orlando area, virtually all of their stock is on display on the shelving, although I found it worth asking as a little stock is out the back. Heres the really good news---Nine West are carrying a reasonable range of their shoes in US11's & 12's (UK 9-10's), they appear to be of a nice quality and are not too badly priced--especially in the outlet shops as currently they are buy one pair & 2nd pair is 50% off. I also bought 3 pairs in a regular Nine West shop (non outlet). I take a male UK9, Ladies UK10, I found Nine West Pumps to be best in a US12, Sandals were best for me in a US11. The other pair of shoes I bought came from a Super Target store, they are of a flip-flop style with a small stilletto heel sized US11, sadly the straps dig into me and the toe post really hurts, so I dont think these will see a lot of wearing.(I didnt try those on first as I wouldnt have bought them) Hopefully Nine West have started a trend to carry nice styles in bigger sizes, lets hope that they sell them easily, If they realise that there is a market for the larger sizes then hopefully they will continue & other retailers will soon follow. PS I found the Nine West staff to be really really helpful, I didnt lie that the shoes were for wife/girlfriend etc, I just said that they were for me, I think they appreciated my honesty--I tried all of the pairs on in the shops before buying, and the assistants usually came over to help and give an opinion as & when the shop went quiet. Hope that helps somebody Heelium :P

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

Always encouraging to hear that sales staff are not freaked out by a man buying women's shoes for himself. If it becomes enough of trend as you propose maybe men's stores will start to carry lines of heels deisigned for men! A t the very least womens shoe shops will have offical policy to welcome all gendered customers. Good news that Nine West is expanding size offering. It has been my frustration with them in the past that their top sizes were 9 or 10.

classic style high heel boots

Yes it is nice that 9 West caries up to a size 12, and if you can't get them at the store you can get them on line.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Well, I've always been of the opinion that salespeople don't care what people buy as long as they buy something----ANYTHING! To that end, more often than not, salespeople will do whatever they can to make a sale and not be judgemental about what people buy, and that includes men buying women's shoes for themselves. I've bought shoes in stores and never had any sort of trouble as I was given all the help I needed in order to make a purchase. And that's the bottom line for people working in retail!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yes it is nice that 9 West caries up to a size 12, and if you can't get them at the store you can get them on line.

Hi Hoverfly, sadly online shopping is restricted to the US only at present.

Are there any fellow HH collegues based in the US that would be happy to act as a delivery address, for subsequent re-shipping to the UK of Nine West shoes. (obviously I would 'paypal' or other means, the shipping costs upfront)

Heelium :P

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.