Pricey vs Compatible

genebujold

Well, I'd say it depends on one's financial situation. If a person can afford to spend $200.00 on a pair of shoes if they would afford the ultimate in fit and comfort, then more power to them. However, not all of us can afford to shell out that kind of money.

I for one fall into that category. I'm also a firm believer in thriftiness and have bought shoes for one quarter as much money and have been rewarded with just as much fit and comfort as the shoes gene mentioned. It all depends on how well you shop and what you choose to buy.

First of all, the worth of any item is only what someone is willing to pay for it. I know of people who pride themselves on how little they spend on things. One person claims he NEVER spends more than $10 on shoes.

At first I was incredulous, but then I got to shopping around. What I've found is that one CAN find shoes of quality and worth for as little as $10. All one has to do is know where to shop and to check the clearance racks at the end of season. Sure enough, even famous department stores often have name brand shoes on sale for as little as $10!

Then the second thing I wanted to say is that an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it! Think on it. It really doesn't matter how much time and material went into something, if the owner is willing to sell out cheap you can have it at that price. Just this week I stopped overnight and needed a motel room. When the clerk told me the price I asked if that was the best price they had to offer? Result, I got $5 off the rate. The same is true of almost everything. A retailer has to keep his merchandise moving. Merchandise that doesn't move is said to have "gone stale" and the merchant will often take a drastic cut on the price - in some cases, below cost! So he's willing to sell for less, why shouldn't I be willing to pay less?

Then my last point is that an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If you have more tires than you can use and so does everyone else, well you probably won't find much of a market for tires. But if the tire shop happens to catch on fire and you show up with a working fire engine, you might find an excellent market for that fire engine! Such a deal you could make!:evil:

As for me, I have very little disposable income, so you can bet that I won't be buying any $200 shoes or boots anytime soon. But I still shop some of the most expensive stores.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

On my thrift store shopping spree, I bought a pair of dark brown, 2" Cuban heel ankle boots. They costed 10PLN ($2,5), look really nice (besides their colour- I'd like them to be black) and I've gotten many compliments about them. My momma said that girls are killing themselves wearing such heels :D (I think that she exagerrated- if she only saw a chick wearing ballet boots... :evil:).

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

On my thrift store shopping spree, I bought a pair of dark brown, 2" Cuban heel ankle boots. They costed 10PLN ($2,5), look really nice (besides their colour- I'd like them to be black) and I've gotten many compliments about them. My momma said that girls are killing themselves wearing such heels :D (I think that she exagerrated- if she only saw a chick wearing ballet boots... :evil:).

If you want to go black, all you have to do is strip all the old polish off of them and dye them black (use a good quality dye). Redying leatherwork from a lighter to a darker color is generally no problem. Going the other way is.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels