Throughput/Bandwidth and the EX-President

Here I sit in Little Rock, Arkansas. I'm "enjoying" a whopping 26.4kbps connection at my hotel, which is approximately 400 times slower than the connection I enjoyed when I spent three weeks in Seoul, S. Korea, and just under 100,000 times slower than the connection I use while at work. What gives? Is this really the state of the EX-president whose Vice President continually touted the "information superhighway," as if he knew all about what it could do but knew absolutely nothing about how to get from point A to point B with respect to establishing the appropriate infrastructure? How in the world could any region be 400 to 100,000 times slower than neighboring regions? Tulsa Oklahoma, for example, enjoys 1.5 Mbps broadband throughout the region, as does Shreveport, LA, Memphis, TN, Wichita, KS, Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK, Springfield, MO, and even Jackson, MS. But not the STATE FROM WHICH THE EX-PRESIDENT originated. Oh, well. Says a lot about how glad I am the EX-president's VICE wasn't elected.... Besides - it's late and I'm tired, so good night!

Gene! Nice to hear from you.

You wrote:

Here I sit in Little Rock, Arkansas.

The simple answer to your question is to just take a look at where you're at! You are in Arkansas. (you're lucky you have indoor plumbing, running water and electricity. Enough said.

Stay in touch!!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Just doing some local network security consulting: "Yes, you do need firewalls. Well, for one thing, would you grant your principle competitor unfettered access to your entire system of paper files? You would? He's your cousin? Hmmm... Perhaps you don't need me as much as I'd originally thought..."