Uneven heel wear

Rockpup

Heya everyone, I just noticed that I'm wearing the outer edge of my heels more then any other spot. A little history, I used to do inline skating stunts..the basic ones require the food to bend inward, so I have more flexibility one direction then the other. Quite visible when wearing ballet heels, but I thought it wouldnt hold through other heel heights. if anyone has any suggestions I'm open for comments... Thanks! Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

My heels also roll out slightly, although it is more pronounced the higher the heels are that I'm wearing. I believe, in my case, that's it because I'm slightly bow legged. All my heels wear first on the outside edge.

i think its a debatable topic. the angle of wear could be down to the leg, or maybe the surface you are walking on. and once the tip gets a little wear to one side, any further weight on the heel tip would encourage more wear to that side. my tips tend to wear a little on the outers too, however my walk and ankle position tends o be visibly straight, therefore i have put the wear on my heels to the other factors. daz

i think it's a combo of things.. but i'm not the expert on the matter. 1-the way you're body is build is going to determind if you lean in or out on the heel of the shoe 2- the amoun to ankle strength and familiarity with the given height will determind how far you will lean on the heel. be it in or outwards 3- the wearers comfort in stance. My girlfriend, for example, loves to lean to the outside of her heels when she's comfortable in the situation she's in. the more comfy, the greater the lean. but when she's not comfy, she has a straighter poster and no lean at all in the heels. 4- the structural integrity of the shoes and how the person adapts to it. those are just my theories on the topic. If there is a doc in the house to elaborate? RPM

• 2 weeks later...

Happens to me too - although my left heel varies as I have a dropped left foot and tend to walk with more pressure on the inside of my heel in higher shoes - as the strength in the side of my foot starts to give out. In heels up to about 4" the wear is even on the outside edge of each tip. Higher than that and the inside of the tip on my left heel wears quicker. It's the same in 2"/3" cuban or cowgirl heels - and even on my sneakers. If I wear arch supports however the wear is even in the centre of each heel tip - low or high.

My heels (ok, soles) always wear on the outside edge first, and a lot of people's shoes I've noticed do that too. Even the sole of my slippers is flattened more on the outside than the inside. And I always wear flats/trainers... Perhaps it's just part of how human walking has evolved?

If you are too open-minded your brains will fall out.

• 2 weeks later...

I find that driving in heels puts a lot of undue wear on heels due to me tipping my accellerator (right) foot out which puts the outside edge of the heel in the sand and other crap which accumulates in the floorpan. I also tend to do the same thing with my clutch (left foot). The shoes I haven't been driving in have much more even wear.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

the factors that influence the wear of your heels can be the height of your heels, the construction of your shoes, the fit of your shoes(boots) and how you walk(your gait)

Driving can be very hard on your HHs. It is advisable to have a normal pair of shoes for driving and have your HH shoes ready when you are finished driving.

Installing a small wedge of material under the heel pad of your shoe may correct the way you land your heels. Don't be ashamed to ask your foot doctor about it ifyou really go over. Sometimes we can install an invisable wedge inside your shoe, or a very thin wedge on your sole to correct the foot placement...

Gene

www.hartlandshoes.us

Part of this has to do with the direction your toes are pointing when you are walking. If you have even the slightest angle out of your toes as compared to your heel, then you will start wearing down the out side first. For people who are "pigeon-toed" they tend to wear down the inside part of their heels first. tightlevisandhhboots