Fond Memories

Epi Cene

A girl in my sixth form that always wore brown stiletto knee boots with her jeans rolled up to the top of the calf. Very popular in 1980.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Okay, you guys have one over on me as I went to a boys school and I dont remeber anybody wearing heels. We were fairly close to a girls school, but I was more interested in cars and bunking off school then. hay ho. made me the man I am now :)

The angels have the phonebox.

My neighbor Miss Reuger. She was a Business manager..very well to do and about 30 years old and always in hose and heels, Funny thing! When she came home from work she would roll her stockings down around her ankles and still wear her high heels around the house. I never saw her not wearing heels. Also she was notorious for dipping and dangling. I guess that I was about 13 or 14 when I would cat sit for her Siamese when she was away. Whenever I got the chance i'd slip on a pair of her nylons and heels and pose in front of a mirror. In retrospect I had many close calls but never got caught.

Love those heels!

Late 70's, high school. Crepe-soled wedge heel boots with rolled up jeans were the cutting edge. But this one underclassman, thin, with long brunette hair, had it down. Her boots were a dark brown, really tall, and the heels were more slender and higher than any of the other girls. And this girl knew she was all that, too. The tight rolled up jeans, snug top, & terrific boots set this 17 year old off! Anyone else remember those boot styles? Starting to see a little comeback for these, in the more punk/goth styles.

"It's just a flesh wound"

A few of mine: My aunt slipping her feet out of her black pumps when I was 14. A girl I once dated who became very proficient at dangling and slipping. A girl that I had in a class while subbing at a high school some 20-odd years ago. She would slip her left foot in and out, in and out, nonstop, of her 2-inch pump. Our HR receptionist at work who almost always wore black stilettos. A good friend of mine at work who's a dangler and slipper. She doesn't wear anything higher than maybe three inches, but always dresses well and is very pretty.

Black 5-inch stilettos - the only way to go!

For me it was my friend Vicky in the early 70's. She was into the platform rage like me and had many styles. She even let me try on my favorite pair of hers, a nicely worn pair of Buffalo sandals. (anyone remember them?) I was in heaven, but unfortunately Vicky wore 8 and I wear 10. :) I bet she would have let me wear them if they fit!!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Had a girl in my English class that wore Pappagallo Tassle Flats, Blue with Green piping. Very fine. I sat next to her, I would put my leg under her desk and she would put both HEELS on my foot. Don't think I learned to much English But loved those Flats. Have 28 pair of Pappagallo!

HighHEELman: Great story. I loved those kinds of shoes. They were everywhere when I was in high school thanks to Pappagallo, Zodiac, etc. They came in a zillion colors, were soooo low cut, had big flowers on the toes. Wow! I wish I could go back to those days, take lots of pictures and buy lots of those shoes. The girls would dangle them relentlessly, and made sitting through class very ... well, hard. I have loved those kinds of shoes ever since. I love heels, but ballet-style, skimmer flats or flats with bows at the toes are a BIG passion of mine. I wear feminine flats a lot, with all sorts of outfits. Please tell me more. thanks.

My sophomore year of high school, my German teacher wore white go go boots once a week in the winter with a mini skirt. I could not keep my eyes off of her. My grades suffered, but I didn't care. I can't speak a word of German to this day, but I will always remember that class. I have seen her lately and she has not aged well. I wish I had not seen her again. I prefer her in her late 20's, with blonde hair, firm tits and white boots. Tammi

Everyone should wear boots!

Probably my hottest early memory was from a party that my parents had. They would invite the neighbors over on Friday nights, very casual, probably 4-5 couples including my parents. I guess I was about 10-12 at the time. I always wanted to be around the group, but they kept shooing me into my bedroom. I specifically remember this one occasion when one of the women was sitting on the floor wearing capri pants and Springolators. :) This is probably revealing my age, but Springolators were the first version of mules , except they had this elastic on the sole part that helped keep the heel on your foot. It was great to be around someone walking in them because the slap on the bottom of the wearer's foot was very pronounced due to the elastic, but I digress. Anyway, this particular night I will never forget. These Springolators were made of wood with a vicious metal spiked heel. She was playing with her Springolators by taking them off and on. Someone in the group made a funny comment that I can't even remember, but what I do remember so vividly is her taking the shoe in her hand and trying to jab the hand of the person that made the comment with her heel. Ouch :o I will never forget that moment, yet it was almost 50 years ago.

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

I go back far enough to remember the Spring-o-laters myself. I was in my late teens, early 20's when they arrived on the market, and it was thrilling to watch the young girls trip around in them. I never owned or wore a pair myself as I was well into the stiletto, pointy-toed pumps then with 4" heels. I still to this day really like a great looking pump and I think they are the greatest shoe to fit any out-fit going. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I'm in total agreement with you Dawn. Classic black closed toe stiletto pumps are by far, my favorite too. I was just recalling an incident that left such a strong impression on me as a child. But I have a question, you said you prefered pumps with 4 inch heels. I thought everything was about 3 inches maximum back in those days. Aside from some fetish heels that might have been around, when did 4 inch heels enter the mainstream of fashion?

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

Spikes:-) You know that sometimes your recall of things plays tricks on you and for the life of me, I'm not quite sure exactly when 4" heels came into mainstream use. Maybe someone with a more fabulus memory than mine can document this fact. You sure have brought up a good point there. All I know is that I was doing just what all of the girls my age were doing at the time, buying the highest heels available and wearing them daily out and about to be as fashionable as possible. Maybe this would be a new thread for someone to develop. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I guess I've got a few, though I'm a bit younger. The most extreme one I ever saw was a teenage girl crossing the street as I waited at the light. She had on shiny black pumps, most likely 5 inches. Never saw anything like it (in real life) before or since. One that sticks out though was this saleswoman at a department store. She has on a black business suit top, with a black skirt that maybe came down about mid thigh. She had on black fishnet stockings (dark, in an unusual style that was more elegant than trashy) and black non-platform sandals that were probably 3-4 inches. She had natural red hair, which looked really great with all that black, and the thing I remember most was her dark red painted toes that could be seen through the stockings. (okay, so it was more than just the shoes, but hey, she was hot.) Did I mention I'm a guy? "Jen"

If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door.

Early 90s, my second-grade teacher would wear some nice shoes. I'm still in touch with her today, but she's a US9 - way out of my range (don't ask how I know this :)).

My aunt, who gets some credit for my penchant for heels. She had some great heels and really cute sandals, many of which I remember vividly. She was a US6, so by the time I had two numbers in my age, I could no longer wear her shoes.

As recently as a few years ago, an ex wore the same size shoe as me (US12). She had some shoes similar to these...

Posted Image

they were a solid dark blue; and these too

Posted Image

in blue as well, with a lower heel... without her knowledge, I'd worn those shoes.

We went to prom together, she wore some rather cute slides with her dress, similar to these...

Posted Image

that I wore, with her knowing about it. (I had to run to the bathroom, and I'd slept over at her house. Since we fell asleep on the couch, her shoes were right there - she didn't yet know the "real" reason I elected to wear them). A few moons later, I let her know that I enjoyed that experience, but her reaction was too hard to gauge :-/

When I was in the 9th grade, there was a cashier at the drugstore named Jane who was then in her 50s, so she would be around 80 today. She always wore wood-bottomed slides with 4 1/2 inch metal heels (I had a pair just like those since I was about 10). The shoes seemed to be an extension of Jane's body, as though no other kind would be appropriate for her to wear. After school I would hang out by the magazine rack where I would have an unobstructed view of her legs and shoes. Jane often caught me staring at her feet but didn't seem to mind. She even smiled back a few times. I still get quite excited thinking about her. Then there were those 1970s boots, some of which laced up tightly around the calf. Girls wore them in the classroom although I understand that many schools today have dress codes that specifically ban anything taller than a hiking boot or high-topped sneaker. With all of those distractions, it was very hard to concentrate on my lessons.

Michael