Went "out" last night

red shoes

Last night, my wife and I went to a trendy restaurant in town and I wore my Kenneth Cole ankle boots with the 3.5-inch spiky heel. It was great. Thankfully, I just got my new GAP jeans (size 10-LONG, and they're about a 34 length), so the look was complete. The heels felt pretty high, too, as I walked on the street and sidewalk. Heels are so cool.

Red Shoes,

Congratulations! Was this your first time out?

I think if a guy is out alone, there is a better chance of someone saying something about the heels. It is great that your wife supports you.

BTW, Check out the thread about our group outing to New Your City. Any chance you could make it?

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=3907&start=20

Do you have any pitcures?

Gary0618

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

I think it's silly to wear high heels and then have to "discreetly" make sure the pant lenth is long enough to (almost) completely hide them. I love my heels and love to display them. See my reply to the "reactions" thread above this thread.

I don't get it Stripperjonn.

In the other thread you say you never wear heels outside.

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=4319&highlight=

Lastly, I do not wear heels in the general public.

So, you are talking about "displaying them" in your living room ?

I've gone out once or twice before, but this time it took far fewer glasses of wine! LOL. Hey - there's nothing wrong with the "discreet" part. Check out ladies - the long-pants look where point toes and point heels are all that's seen of the delectible boots is a hot look. I'll take it. I don't have to show all the heel to be turned on by the whole scene. Hey - I'd love to go to that NYC heeling event. Especially if there's shopping involved. As for my wife's acceptance, I think it's more of a mere tolerating. She doesn't complain, but we never talk about it.

I love the look of a high heeled boot* peeking out from under jeans. To me it is a contrast of terms. Jeans were originally for work doing heavy, dirty things. High heels though originally functional, are far more greatly removed from that heritage and now are for walking, as fashion. Many of the modern styles are way more evolved awy from the original heel thatn jeans have from the work pant. *Tall boots that is. I think the short boots sold for wear with trousers look bad when the person sits down and the top of the boot pops out from under the bottom of the pants. There is an exciting mystery in not knowing how tall the boot goes.

classic style high heel boots

i love the sight of heels covered with jeans (especially when the heels point toes) , it leaves something to the imagination. where i go to school this kinda thin is in fashion now :) it's almost impossible to look up if you don't want to miss a pair.

Last night, my wife and I went to a trendy restaurant in town and I wore my Kenneth Cole ankle boots with the 3.5-inch spiky heel. It was great. Thankfully, I just got my new GAP jeans (size 10-LONG, and they're about a 34 length), so the look was complete. The heels felt pretty high, too, as I walked on the street and sidewalk. Heels are so cool.

Congrats on your outing.

I too found GAP "womens low rise" jeans fit me better than mens' jeans and look better too. I have two pair mix among my 10 or so pair of men's jeans. One pair regular (33"is) the other long.(35"is)

The look of flared jeans with pointed toes and stilettos is really fun. It is a great combination. But if you think that hides your heels, think again. When you walk the pant leg rises up and will definitely expose your stiletto. Also, a pointed toe definitely stands out. I have done the comparison: Wearing jeans with pointed toe boots and a 4.5 inch stiletto heel I attract a lot more attenttion than when wearing my 4 inch block heel boots fully exposed.

Echoing a genuine woman's opinion of a man in heels at the fashion spot.com,

i love that look, sevens and a nice pointy stilleto ...esp. novel on a guy! lovelovelove and ROCK that look for all you've got!

if it's comfortable and makes you feel good, you don't need anyone's approval =D

I'm flyin with loveheel on this. I love the look of pointy's in jeans--with just the tip of the toe protruding and the tip of the heel exposed at standstill. It's a great look, it's in, and it's fun.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

i'm with loveheel an kneehighs i think the look of pointy toes stillettos with long jeans is very kool, i wear the look most of the time when at home an occasionally out with a mate. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

red shoes How'd your wife get to the point of "tolerating" you heel wearing? Did you have a discussion, were you discovered, or something else? I'm curious, as I hope to approach my wife in the near future about my heels thingy. Keep up the outside work! I agree with most of the other comments - heels with current styles are the way to go.

"It's just a flesh wound"

Hi Bluesman,

it takes an open-minded wife to accept your heel wearing. Mine agreed on boots or clogs, not on stilettos or platforms, which I find a nice compromise. I like wearing boots or clogs with dark jeans and she likes it too, but as soon as the shoes are too feminine, she dislikes it. We discussed and found an agreement. Since I am travelling a lot on business, I sometimes take a pair of platforms for the fun, but for walking or going out, I prefer boots or clogs... I love the feeling of heels and love walking openly with 4 or even 5". I get a pair of 5" pointy clogs I enjoy wearing for shopping or going to restaurant. As for covering the heels or not, I prefer covering just a bit and showing openly the height.

Posted Image

I got them in black. Pretty cool. :)

Marc

Cool clogs, Marc. I guess I started slowly with my wife. It was clear when we met that I had different wardrobe styles than most guys. I didn't wear heels then - I've always loved ballet-flat type shoes. Y'know the type: pumps with a flat heel or skimmers or whatever. I've liked that style since I was a kid, and when the style got hot in the 1980s, I was all over Nine West, Bandolino, etc. for them. I loved them plain or with a bow at the toe like the classic Ferragamo low-heel pumps (Got 2 pair on eBay!!). I started wearing Nine West boots with higher heels and she hasn't screamed or anything yet. I remember smuggling home a pair of red Kenneth Cole flats thinking she wouldn't like them, but she said they were cool. The knee-high nylons I've worn on occasion haven't disturbed her as far as I know, but I'm always pretty laid-back about what I wear. You've got to have a "no big deal" attitude to make it fly, I believe.

Marc, that sounds like a compromise I could live with, esp. since boots are so in style right now. I get to travel a good bit for work too, so I have plenty of opportunity to indulge. I gotta think my wife will be accepting: in a prior thread I related how she got me a pair of 5" black pumps, long ago in our wild n crazy daze. And nice boots in your av! Y'know, Red, I'm really starting to take that no-big-deal outlook on things. I just feel really comfortable going out in moderate/stylish heels. Those are becoming sort of second nature. I continue to be amazed at the lack of attention the general public pays to what's on my feet, amazed only because I had been sooo convinced that everyone was looking :) ! Sounds like you have a most understanding partner.

"It's just a flesh wound"

Bluesman, Cool, enjoy your heels... Jo, size is 41 Eur. They were bought online at La Piazza Highheels, 2 years ago. As for the price, they were quite expensive (as I can remember over 100 USD), but entirely in leather and very, very comfortable, even with this height. Red, I agree with the the no-big-deal attitude. It has to be natural, openly done and really, I like it, I am happy, I do not disturb anybody, what's the matter... :) Marc