My trip to Whitby - GOTH WEEKEND

youngwolf

Well this even was one that was special for me BEFORE the key events started. As alot of us males willknow and understand going out in high heels takes alot to do. Well while I was with my girlfriend and ger flatmate (a guy who isn't bothere'd by my wearing heels at all...well at 36 years old and a goth it's not suprising) in a pub called the Little Angel just off Flowergate and a good friend of theirs called Monty arrived. (Goth Weekend doesn't start untill monty arrives) He sat down with us and he was wearing a good outfit but did have a custom made leather skirt. We had abit of a chat and he knew I was abit nervy about wearing my boots out (the pair I'm selling at the moment) and he said to not worrie about it and to just be myself and not be bothered about what others thought of me. So for most of the time I was wearing my heels while I was over there and I got a few new pairs too. The best bit was I wore my knee high platforms, with a rubber sole, and a few looked but nothing was said and I didn't really care about it. On Sexy Sunday I was wearing my leather trousers and the boots I'm selling and I ticked a few girls off from what my girlfriend said...since I kept my boots on ALL NIGHT...from the flat they live in on Newton Street all the way to the Met and back and 5 hours at the event too. So I've managed to excel myself and when I'm over there on a week or more holiday I'll be wearing one of my 8 pairs there, normal boots for the trip but heels while I'm there. one thing that makes a challenge even better is the amount of hill's in Whitby too. It comes down to one thing and one thing only...do what the hell you want, if anyone has a problem with you wearing heels, well damn them. I'm at the point were my friends arn't bothere'd by it and even give me hinter's on what looks good on me. For my new goth outfit: Knee high or ankle high boots Blue/black pop socks - knee high Blue or Black fishnet tights Black shorts - with a blue trim on the sides that I added And any t-shirt I can use and Black fishnet gloves I hope this helps some of you guys, I know it's helped me alot

We are what we are, let nothing stand in our way in what we do

Excellent advice Young Wolf. I'd consider myself a Goth and have dabbled in and out of the Goth Scene. I don't find the music that interesting but the people definitely are and pretty mellow on the whole, which is my kind of person. Thanks for the report. It sounds an interesting outfit and the most important thing is exercising your self expression, not conforming to somebody elses ideal :-?

Great story, youngwolf. Glad you enjoyed the time you spent with your friends. Like you said, the hardest thing was getting over the expectation of what you thought your friends and others would think of you when they saw your boots. It's like you and others have said. Just go and do it and let the rest of the world rotate around your raised middle finger. :-?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi, youngwolf - I've never really considered myself a goth, yet I wonder if the way I tend to dress falls into it. In short: - Black leather 3-1/2 inch stilleto heeled zippered ankle boots - Black denim pants - Black leather below-the-knee coat - White long-sleeved pirate (drawstring front) shirt I wear my hair long (mid-shoulderblade), my nails longer than normal for a male, but not such that I'd be mistaken for a female from the cuticle down. And sometimes I wear a hair bunch (piece of leather with a wooden pin that holds my pony tail neatly behind me). Goth? Masculine? American? Alternative? I've an idea - let us simply dispense with the labels and get on with life! "Fashion is a continuum, not a scale."

Hi, youngwolf - I've never really considered myself a goth, yet I wonder if the way I tend to dress falls into it. In short: - Black leather 3-1/2 inch stilleto heeled zippered ankle boots - Black denim pants - Black leather below-the-knee coat - White long-sleeved pirate (drawstring front) shirt I wear my hair long (mid-shoulderblade), my nails longer than normal for a male, but not such that I'd be mistaken for a female from the cuticle down. And sometimes I wear a hair bunch (piece of leather with a wooden pin that holds my pony tail neatly behind me). Goth? Masculine? American? Alternative? I've an idea - let us simply dispense with the labels and get on with life! "Fashion is a continuum, not a scale."