Proxy heels purchasing in the USA?

Allyx

I'd like to order three pairs of heels from Zappos.com, but they won't ship outside of the US. Are there any kind souls (or should that be soles :-?) in the US who would be willing to purchase them on my behalf and ship them to the UK? I'm thinking of non-California, Kentucky, and Nevada residents, as they have to pay sales tax! I would of course pay all necessary costs, including onward shipping to the UK. Paypal seems the most obvious way of doing this! I'm not ready to place an order yet, just dipping a pointy toe in the water to see if it's even feasible.

While there's nice styles available here in the USA, I've found that the shoe sales places in the UK and cities in Europe has equally as nice footwear for sale. In fact, I've seen a lot of styles I would like to have that are sole by LSB, La Piazza and several other Internet sites. So, while it's enticing to covet some pairs that are only sold here, I'm sure that with a little browsing you will find something equally enticing in the UK.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Allyx I concur with Firefox. If the package is worth more than about £25 it will attract duty, VAT and an £8.00 charge from Royal Mail for their time in working out all the extra charges. AFAIK all US States except Oregon and Alaska? charge sales tax. If the shoes dont fit you are then out of pocket as you are likely to be able to return them. Far safer to try over here. Just out of interest which styles have you got in mind? Calv (who has tried a similar course before)

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv