Wore these today

Terry

This is the pair I bought a few days ago. I wore them today. The third pic shows the pants I wore with them. Even though they were quite visible, and I went to a busy downtown area, not too many people noticed. Not that I saw, anyway.

I suppose people walking behind me maybe saw...and one woman passed me and looked back. (They are four inch heels so I wasn't walking too fast. Also, I walk slower and a little more carefully so that I don't traipse around like a girl. I suppose more people would notice me if I walked like a girl, but I don't think it looks right. I'm not trying to be a girl, I'm just a guy wearing heels.)

Maybe she (the one who looked back) wanted to see if it was really a guy maybe. And I got a few people glancing down as they passed me from the front. Mostly women. I did see one guy, he was sitting down, wearing mirrored sunglasses, but his head was tilted down the entire time I walked by him. I walked around for about an hour.

I'm beginning to think I could wear pink stilettos and hardly anyone would notice.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

To answer JeffB...well, they are from a store in Canada called Le Chateau. Actually from their outlet store where they sell discontinued stuff. I got them for about 20 dollars Canadian. I told myself I didn't need any more shoes, but I really liked them, and the price was right. I am lucky, I take a womens size 9 U.S. (Canadian sizes are the same as U.S.), so it's not to hard to find something I like. It was their last pair, too. The laces are functional, not fake, all the way down to the toe. The heel is about four inches. They are pretty comfortable, too. They have a soft lining.

Terry:-) The laces on your new shoes being functional all the way to the toes should give you a lot of adjustment in comfort and is the first pair of shoes I have seen that way. It also gives them an unusual design. The heels being so slim belies the fact that they are only 4". They appear to be much higher than they actually are. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

JeffB:-) I see that you are beginning to do the ground work on your suit idea. A steel gray or pin stripe suit with black spike heels sounds great and you could expand from there. There are many possibilities available which will add to the number of outfits you have for office use. If there are any other African-American males in your office, how do they relate to your dressing and how they dress for work? Cheers--- Dawn HH

Something went haywire in cyberspace and deposited my post about the steel gray suit here under the thread, "Wore these today". It should have deposited itself under the thread, "Question on shoes for office". Go figure!!! Cheers--- Dawn HH

JeffB:-)

I see that you are beginning to do the ground work on your suit idea. A steel gray or pin stripe suit with black spike heels sounds great and you could expand from there. There are many possibilities available which will add to the number of outfits you have for office use. If there are any other African-American males in your office, how do they relate to your dressing and how they dress for work? Cheers---

Dawn HH

To answer your question, there are only four other African-American men out of the nearly 200 people who work at our complex, and none of them have ever said anything to me about the shoes I wear. For the most part, it's business casual at our office and they all dress neatly, though (and this is ego talking) not to the extent that I do! Heh!

Meanwhile, I'm checking out prices for suits. I haven't owned one in years and was a wee bit shellshocked by the price tags. But I think I can find what I'm looking for at a reasonable price. The prospect of this idea has become quite intruiging for me. :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

An interesting notion, Jim! I have moe than a few ideas swirling around in the ol' noggin of what I'd like in a suit and the shoes I'd pair with them. This idea is definitely gaining steam! I'll keep everyone posted!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!