Your most unfortunate heel experience

WickedHeelz

In reading one of the other threads, I came across this post by JeffB...

What takes a great deal of effort, and courage is going out into the world in women's shoes, being able to endure being in the fishbowl, dealing with the stares, double takes, muffled giggles from behind your back, even the occasional hurled insult about your sexual preference.

Which made me wonder what, those brave souls here that have (and still do) dare to wear their heels in public, have endured.

What is the worst reaction you've encountered? If it got particularly bad, how did you get out of the situation?

How did your friends respond when they first found out?

Personally, the only times I've been bold enough to wear them in public was for Halloween which made it much easier to get away with. :D

Perhaps I've been extremely lucky, but my worst experience was having to deal with taunts, hoots, hollers and shouts of "You must be gay to be wearing heels!" from a bunch of high school kids while walking home from the train station one day two years ago. You see, I live in the inner city, and African-American kids are, for the most part, notorious for their complete and utter lack of tact, sensibility or manners. And for two blocks, I was their target. However, I simply ignored the group (most of whom were girls, and they can be louder than boys) until they got tired of me and went their own way. Not many neophytes on this board could have handled that. Like I said, it takes inner strength to deal with stuff like that!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Actually, I've never had a person verbally "assault" me for wearing heels. That's because I street heel in Manhattan and more specifically Chelsea, the Village, and Soho--where alternate fashions and unusual lifestlyes are the norm. I suppose in another city things might be more challenging.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.