Kids Concert this weekend

sscotty727

I have to take my girls (age 5 and 3) to see the Wiggles this weekend (an Austrailian kids singing/dancing group for those without youngsters). I am debating if I should wear any of my heeled shoes to the concern (lots of women/kids). I have a 4" pair of block heels that might hide well under my jeans OR I could wear my wedge work shoes. Which would you all recommend (if you think I should dare it at all)? Scotty

Having two daughters of my own, and having gone through that age with them, I think I would weigh the possible embarassment it might cause the girls if their father is seen wearing heels at a gathering like that. While they mightn't think anything is out of the ordinary, others not used to such a sight might look askew at you and their comments might cause confusion for your girls. If you decide the risk is low, then go for it. Otherwise, since this is really their day and you are along for the ride, don't wear them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I dunno... I don't think ages 5 and 3 would cue in on peer embarrassment. Then again, my son is only 4-1/2... However, that's one of the reasons I've very conservative when in public with him in tow. So, there's your guidance - keep it conservative, for their sake.

Hmmm! Sorry, I read right over the 3 & 5 part. I was thinking if they were a little older -- 8 to 12 perhaps. However, my advice still applies. It mightn't be wise to wear heels with them. It's free and as they say -- advice is worth as much as you pay for it. :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well, I would stay on the conservative side. At 3 and 5 I don't think they would understand any questions or comments that might arise. For one outing, it couldn't hurt to be cautious. Lee

Actually, here are the two choices (I have long jeans that would cover both). The first is what I would like to wear, the second is what I could wear that is more descrete. What do you think? Also, since it is a concert I was thinking eyes will probably be more onstage vs me (my wife and sister-in-law will be with us as well).

Scotty

Four inch block heels

Posted Image

Wedge Shoes

Posted Image

Posted Image

hmmmm! Neither pair is that noticable. Actually, I was basing my advice on something more feminine. I don't believe you will attract any more attention wearing either pair than you would wearing a pair of tennis shoes.

Bubba, The pair in my aviator and the two pictured above are the only kinds I wear in public. Thin heels and pointy toes I haven't dared to wear yet besides just pumping gas. I would NEVER wear anything like that even in the presence of my daughters. Scotty

We had a GREAT time, my girls loved it! She even got to meet one of them (Murry for those that are familiar with the Wiggles) and no one noticed my shoes. Bubba was right I could have worn either, but I think it was best I wore the ones I did. It was a little harder to walk with the hidden heels on the high and narrow steps, but well worth the effort!:D Scotty