new heels

ace_sk

Went to Vancouver this summer and bought my first pair of platform heels .I was a little nervous.Went in the store and a beautiful woman approached me.She asked if she could help me.I said that I was looking for some platform heels.She showed me some beautiful black 6`Platforms.I asked her if they had them in size 8.She went in the back and came back and said no.She said no,but they had 8. 1/2.She asked if I wanted to try them on.I was shocked and said they were for my girlfriend.She smiled and looked down at my pants.They were my purple knee high spandex.My face went red.Since she new they were for me a thought why not.So I said maybe I will.So she sat me down and said here put these nylons on.I put on the nylons.She handed me the shoes.I nervously slipped the first platform heel and slowly buckeled the two straps.Then the next.The lady smiled and asked how they were and said to try them out.So I got up and walked around the store.I got few stares.I saw a young girls eyes go very wide as she stared at me then the heels and had a gigantic smile.So I quickly sat back down and took off the heels.It seemed to take forever undoing the 2 straps on each heel .I told the lady I`ll buy them.She smiled and led me to the counter to pay.I paid her and she smiled and said to enjoy the shoes.I left the store very nervously.Got a few stares and amazed looks on a few ladies.This was my first time trying on shoes that I bought.I at first had no intentions of trying on heels.I didn`t think had enough nerve to.I figured since I was a long way from my home in Calgary and the sales lady saw my purple spandex I would try on the shoes.Boy what an amazing rush doing this with a s tore full of ladies smiling and looking.Especially the young girl looking with her eyes wide openend at me.I was nervous and excited at the same time.This was amazing.I did this two more times this summer.If you like I will share my expiences with you with some pics of the new shoes I bought.

ace_sk;

What a great shopping trip. Sounds like you really had fun.

The last time I did that was five years ago at a Baker’s Shoes in Cincinnati (now closed). They had a collection on thigh boots. I actually went in three times. The first time I tried on a pair of flat heel boots and bought them. Several days later I bought a second pair that had a 2” block heel without trying them on (opps). The next day I tool them back but tried on a third pair (low stiletto) which, unfortunately, were also too small.

The first time the clerk got the boots for me and I asked if I could try them on. She said “sure” and went back to the counter. When I went up to pay for them she asked, “Are those going to work for you”? I said they would. She didn’t seem surprised the next time I came in and tried on boots.

I had forgotten all about that shopping trip (thanks for reminding me) because I hadn’t done it again. I think I will have to start again even though finding size 12-14 can be frustrating.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 3 weeks later...

Really the level of attention from the people is small compared with our feelings. When I buy any item, not only shoes, I also feel very nervous. But once I get out of the shop with the bag.... what a feeling. If it wasn´t for the "risk", it would not be funny..... :D

When I buy any item, not only shoes, I also feel very nervous.

But once I get out of the shop with the bag.... what a feeling.

If it wasn´t for the "risk", it would not be funny..... :D

Nervous? For heaven's sake, why? There's no reason to feel that way. Look, you're a consumer, willing to spend good money on something you want to purchase, so who cares if that item in question are women's shoes? Big, fat, hairy deal!

As far as I'm concerned, the only "risk" is falling in love with a shoe you see, only to get your heart broken when the salesperson tells you they don't have it in your size. Heaven knows I've experienced that particular sort of anguish before!

Like I've said before, you just gotta go out there and do it! :)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!