Critical Thinking...

genebujold

Well gene what can i say.If you could run for president you'd get my vote! as usual your thoughts are as mine.As is common people will back themselves into a corner and until shown the evidence cannot perceive that the world around them has been evolving for millenia in all matters. We all came out of the same soup so to speak,if you believe in evolution that is!!!!!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

Demonstates that people's opinions supported by "facts" are often full of holes. I have expereinced similar discussions whereby the scriptures are promoted as the proof (that people are to appear in certain ways) only to learn that it is how one uses the scriture in their argument that it supports their point. So, cross dressers are often very conservative Republicans? Better to stay a member of the "gang" rather than disagree with it and risk being cast out into the cold and have to find a new gang.

classic style high heel boots

One of today's problems -- with our over educated society -- is that everyone's an expert. Everything is "over-thought, excruciatingly disected and torturatingly over-analyzed." While dissertatons like GBJ's are all well and good, I believe the content is "lost" on the majority of the "overthinkers" of this earth. And, when you factor the "smallness" of a person's mind into the formula, you're bound to get a lifetime ration of "Barbara Streisand." The real problem today is that people are seeking ideas and theories that sustain their thinking and reinforce their positions on issues rather than analyzing content with the aim of looking for the truth. And then, espousing their convaluted thinking and twisted rationalizations that "suppposedly" reinforce their positions, upon an unsuspecting nonconformists that only want to "be themselves" is, at the very least, criminal.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The real problem today is that people are seeking ideas and theories that sustain their thinking and reinforce their positions on issues rather than analyzing content with the aim of looking for the truth. And then, espousing their convaluted thinking and twisted rationalizations that "suppposedly" reinforce their positions, upon an unsuspecting nonconformists that only want to "be themselves" is, at the very least, criminal.

That's why the beginning of any investigation should always begin with a thorough examination of the opposing view:

"You don't know what you don't know." - anon

"Staying young requires the unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods." - Heinlein.

If, having done this, you arrive at a conclusion, it's probably a lot better conclusion than would have been reached by any of the masses.