today!!!

w6ish

whew! i just had an awesome afternoon. its the annual pride day here in the capital city. so at the request of my two travel companions, i put my white 8 inch spike heels on, with a pair of super short shorts and a white t shirt and off we went. we walked down to the main street and it was jammed with thousands of people. that's where the fun started. i had shaved my legs yesterday and painted my toenails this morning and my brand new 8 inch heels from ebay were sparkling white. i wasn't sure about the look but my travel companions said its definitely a go. so we went. i got so many awesome comments from men and women but especially the women! and photographed at least a dozen times. folks were comin up and taking pictures of my shoes specifically!!! i took a few of my own and will post them this week to my msn website. but wow! what an experience. i always thought 8 inch heels were just too far along. but i was wrong about that. a woman came up to my wife and said, you better hang on to him! it was a real boost to the ego. cause i looked in the mirror and thought no this is just too much. they insisted i go with it. well am i glad i did!!! 8 inch heels from pleaser are very easy on the feet. i spent 4 hours in them down there and not one complaint from me. here is another thing. when i was thinking about it, at home here around noon, i looked at my 6 inch heels and they just didn't measure up. they looked like jk shoes compared to the 8 inch heels. funny how your view might change. imagine though, walking down the street and everyone, thousands of them, are in awe of the shoes on your feet! i could hear women saying: wow! now those are high heels! or: nice legs. very cool for the man in high heels. i hope you give it a try sometime soon.

the 8 inch heels are a bit unstable due to the height but the angle from the heel to the platform seems less than what i'm use to with my 6 inch heels. when i wear my 6 inch heels, 3 hours of walking is about the absolute maximum for me. the 8 inch heels i managed 4 hours of walking and my feet weren't complaining. i'm thinking you could go all day and all night in 8 inch heels! the pictures came back from the lab and i posted some to my site. i've had problems posting pictures here, my lack of computer ability. sorry. i've been thinking about that outing on sunday. sitting in that tavern along side the street festival, sitting at the bar enjoying a cold refreshment, and looking down to see my 4 inch sparkling white platforms casually resting on the foot rail at the base of the bar, totally at ease... what an awesome sight. or looking over at other patrons, two women in particular, and seeing their gaze directed at my 8 inch heels dangling while i sat in those unusually high chairs at the bar... also an awesome sight. or seeing a man with a digital camera standing off to one side, i thought he was checking his images but what he was really doing was attempting to be discreet in taking a photo of my feet! there were so many exciting moments throughout the afternoon, its going to be difficult to top this adventure.

Eight-inch heels can be SO much fun, ya know? I have a pair of 8" sandals, but in black, and they're just a kick to click around in. They're only for the brave as even if you wear long jeans with them, there is no way to hide all THAT much heel! I'm assuming yours have a 4" platform on them too? That seems to be the normal ratio for manufacturers of ones that high these days. I'm kinda divided on my next purchase. I saw a pair of 6" mary-janes and a pair of 6" slingbacks - both with 6'5" heels and 2" platforms, but the slingbacks come in red and white as well as black, whereas the mary-janes only come in black. Maybe it's time for a change of colour? What do you think?

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 2 weeks later...

White_6_inch_spike_heels:-) Congratulations for being able to wear your 8" spike heeled platforms for 4 hours straight without your feet complaining. It sounds like you had a lot of fun and garnered a lot of comments, especially from the women who didn't seem to mind a man wearing women's shoes. That's great and a step forward for us all. (Pun intended). Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!