Who to tell first when 'coming out'?

Mickey S.

Folks, who do you think it's the best shot to turn to first when you finally made the decision to tell the world about your crush for high heels, meaning wearing them yourself (as a man)? The family? The best friend? Your wife? I've told my GF that I'm very fond of high heeled shoes already a couple of days after we got together and she was okay with it. Till then only 2 or 3 of my best friends knew. It wasn't actually a real 'coming out' but a first step. What do you think? CU! -Mike

I was lucky. My SO already knew even before we met, so that bridge was already crossed even before the starting line! :-) Plus all my friends are accustomed to seeing me in heels, so there haven't been any problems there. I just enjoy them day in and day out, as often as I can!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I think tell your SO. You don't actually need to "tell" anyone else. Just do the telling by the wearing They'll soon get the idea.

Wonderfully well put, Firefox! No one explains why they're wearing jeans or a blue shirt - it should be the same with heel wear.

I have been asked a time or two why I'm wearing "those," "heels," and "women's shoes." I've always responded with "it helps my ankle," which I now realize probably leads to disbelief on their part.

From now on it'll be either "because I can," "because I want to," or "why not?" I'm leading towards "because I want to," as that's the most straightforward response and is difficult to argue - not that I've yet found any arguements from anyone...

I told my father first. Just to make it easier for me to purchase the shoes I wanted. And then he made me tell my Psychiatrist. (I can't spell.) My doc that is was cool, and said that she thought that it was a sign that I was being more comftorable with myself. My dad dosen't like it, but tolorates it.

It's all good. ~Arron.

If you end up "telling" this or that person it shows you are uncomfortable with it yourself and you subconsciously give the impression you might be doing something wrong or offensive in some way. Then the other people may immediately have doubts because of your attitude to it. If you are confident or present it as a fait accompli they are far more likely to accept it as some modern fashion idea. So telling by wearing is the best. Of course if you don't wear them in public you're lost in that respect, and if you are a closet wearer you may have to resort to some advice from this thread if you feel the need to tell people. Then I think personally you are on much more difficult ground as it obvioulsy has more fetish connotations than fashion ones. The way forward is to wear them in public and say nothing unless asked. Then you can discuss it in a matter of fact way. It all becomes very easy.

Firefox, You are so right. When I told my sister-in-law about wearing heels, I just showed her my shoe and said "Yeah, I like wearing high heels". Since I didn't sound like I was doing anything wrong or seeking her approval, she just said "Oh, ok, they actually look unisex. If you didn't say anything I wouldn't have even noticed". If instead I acted all nervous she probably would have acted negative too. Attitude is everything:) Scotty

Hi Mickey..Larry..I've only told my wife and my sister in law caught me wearing stilletos by accident. I'm sure that each of our situations is different. I envy the guys that wear high heels out doors but my wife and my own inhibitions stop me. No. I wouldnt volunteer this information to any close friends or especially family or worse, Employees or co-workers. Just my h.o.......Larry.

Love those heels!

Hi Folks, Your spouse or significant other should definately know. As for me they are (were) both the same person. My wife - gf at the time - knew I liked to wear girls shoes, and she was OK with it. After we got married I began to wear heels, and made sure she knew. She still is OK with it, we routinely wear heels together. It is always better to be "up front." Take care... SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"