higher heels

new_look

hi all, im have recently been for a nice walk in my new boots that i purchased from hayway shoes in leicester.

unexpectedly as i said, the heels are almost half an inch higher than i expected and are practically 5.5 in

Posted Image

Posted Image

im pleased that i managed to walk for almost an hour i them before the foot cramps crept in, and im almost got my legs straight away from the knee bending, but im sure that will come with practice. Jade found it funny as to how far we were actually getting despite all the steps i was doing. lol, but all the same it was fun, and the pencil thin metal heel makes a cracking sound on the concrete.

has anyone else got any ourdoor experiences to share re their higher heels ie 5"+

Posted Image

daz

Great that you wore you boots out Daz. Most people of either sex could not cope with it. I can, but I don't wear higher than 4.5" . The reason is that it affects my walk and mobility in a way I don't like.

Daz:-) Thats a beautiful pair of boots that you purchased, and yes the higher the heel you have got the smaller the steps you must use and it does take a bit longer to get somewhere. It sounds like Jade is giving you a lot of support here. That's great! I have ordered shoes or boots through catalogs and when they arrived the heel was taller than advertised. The bigger the boot size the taller the heel is usually. I try to keep my heel height under 4" as these I can manage best. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hello Daz! As Firefox has already pointedly observed on your other thread - those great metal heels are wicked! Seeing as you ask whether anyone else has street-heeled in 5 1/2" heels, I can say "Yes. I have!". I still have and wear a pair of 5 1/2" ankle boots that I designed and were made for me by Gino of The Little Shoe Box. They are in tan-coloured plain leather with very pointed toes. The heels are not stilettos, but they are 5 1/2" slim dark brown stacked-leather effect heels tapering to about 1" wide at the base. I'll bring them to the Leicester Heel-Meet to show you. Although they're still going strong (extremely well made!), you'll see that they've had years of regular street-heeling wear! Having worn them extensively under my half-heel-showing trousers in the early 1980s, and not having received undue attention from passers-by, I set myself the challenge of tucking my trousers into the tops of the ankle-boots and seeing what would happen if I started at Marble Arch and walked the full length of London's Oxford street and back, exposing the entire boots. Well, the Eastbound walk was OK with nothing more than the odd couple pointing and whispering. But on the return walk, I was just passing South Molton Street when a large crowd of yobs and yobbesses spotted my fashion statement and one of the yobbesses shrilled "Ooh look all of you - he's wearing ladies' boots!" and then there was a great roar from the yobs "TAKE 'EM OFF!!!". Well, that hasn't deterred me from wearing them since, but just maybe the tucking into the boots idea was going a bit far! Regarding walking in them, well yes, the higher the heel the shorter one's steps have to be, and it's quite taxing on the calf muscles and keeping the knees straight and also on the muscles of the lower back that have to keep the upper body leaning back and erect to counteract the throwing-forward effect of the very elevated heel. Now in my late fifties, the balls of my feet and toes more acutely feel the strain of being bent from the line of the foot at a right-angle and having to bear the full weight of my (now more portly) body. However, it's still a great buzz to wear them! Also, as you say, beware of calf and foot cramps! I've always been terrified of suddenly being stranded in a busy street with crippling cramps with no lower shoes to change into and passers-by rushing to assist! The classic scenario for a street-heeling guy trapping himself into feeling like a first-class prat or prize idiot! Anyway, for all of that, I'd not have missed my years of street-heeling for the worlds! There's no excitement left if we don't "push the envelope" out from time to time! The highest heels I ever purchased were a pair of 6" courts, but for my stiff, burly legs they were too high and impractical for any street-heeling (well, except for the odd fifty yards if I'm honest!) and I came to regard them as belonging to the world of bedroom fetish stuff which I've never really been interested in. So there we are Daz! For the record, 5 1/2" (platformless) street-heeling has been done! If I have been able to do it with my very stocky, inflexible legs and feet, I'm quite sure you'll have less difficulty doing it with your slimmer, more supple physique! Onwards and upwards! Good luck and every happiness! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Oooo those are quite lovely. I'm positively jealous. I cannot wear boots over low ankle height, my calves are too blasted big! Ugh. I've always had that problem and most likely always will. The only good part is that most of that is muscle at least! JinxieKat

Ah Jinxiecat, there's an answer to that. My calves have always been to big for 90% of knee-boots, and even the 10% that I did buy no longer fit me because my calf muscles have thickened-up further. The answer is 1. To buy only ankle-boots, and 2. To have any remaining knee-boots cut-down to ankle-boots by a skilled craftsman. The last pair that I had like that were done by an East London shoe craftsman can Achilles - a friend of and shoe repairer to Dr. Shoe, member of these Forums! Dr. Shoe lives in Hackney, East London, quite near to Achilles. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Thanks for the replies. I think this style of heel looks really good. So brutal looking peeking from the bottom of the trousers, and the noise they make is just teriffic. I have been trying to wear them everyday since they arrived to get my legs more adapted to the position they force me into. I can walk practicaly ok, but i would say im well on my flexibility limits, and a downhill stretch could prove tricky at the minute, so im working on been able to wear them in a way you could class as easily, rather than pushing me to the limit. Maybe i should wear some 6" ones daily, then coming down to 5.5 would feel easier! I enjoy the way they restrict my movement, although like said by firefox it is not everyones cup of tea. I didnt buy them to be bedroom shoes, i did intend them for use and streetheeling, but only as an item for my boldest days. I would say that with the style, the look and sound and the way they alter my walk so much, it would be impossible to go unnoticed. daz

I really do envy any guy that can effectively and succeesfully street-heel in 5 and a half inch heels with such an extremely small heel tip. You must have really great balance and rhythm to be able to do that. I sure wish I could do as you, but unfortunately it will never happen as I must keep my heel height under 4". Cheers--- Dawn HH

daz you and ace_sk have me real jealous, able to walk in 5.5 heels wish i had the stamina, i can go round the block in 4.5 heels but after about 20mins my calves ache an i am ready to take my boots off. well done and keep at it. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

whoaw im not fully stable yet :D 4.5in heels im fine for a full day with, but 5.5 is takin a little getting used to buy as ive said im wearing them daily, and it seems to be getting easier. With regards to the thinner heel, until its coming to where uneven surfaces are concerned, i wouldnt say the thin heel makes it necesarily harder to walk. You still balance on the same centre point when you walk, whether the tip be like these or 3 times the size. If your ankles are flexible enough to walk without the support of a wide block base for any stileto heel, then these been thinner wouldnt cause any extra problems, its just the same. daz

Nhoj62:-) Daz:-) I have an inner ear problem which I have had for many years and at times plays havoc with my balance and my center of gravity. For that reason I cannot attend any Imax theatre films as I get deathly sick from the screen motions. I cannot sit in either the front passenger seat or the rear seat in a car for the same reason. Now if I am driving the car and controlling all the motions myself---then I am fine. Besides that, my ankles are not as flexible as when I was younger and I must have orthotics in my everyday shoes which I can't use in my female shoes or boots. Therefore, I can't balance or walk in stilettos anymore which I would love to be able to do. Cheers--- Dawn HH

dawn sorry to here about your balance and joint problems it is a really shame u can`t wear the thinner styles of heels anymore, but at least u can still wear the chunky ones. i myself mostly wear the thinner types tho i do have a couple of chunky one`s. at the moment i am wearing my lace up thigh boots with 5.5 stilleto heels under some long jeans. i really love to wear them but due to the hieght of the heel i am not that stable an as i have a cold to my balance is off. but i will get better in them with practice much like daz is doing. take care nhoj62

Nhoj62:-) Thank you for your kind remarks. I really appreciate it. I am proud to be able to wear the chunkys and I am getting better in them each time I street-heel. Now if I could just find a pair of zip-up thigh-highs with a 4" chunky heel in black leather, I'd be very happy. Practice! Practice! Practice. Cheers--- Dawn HH

hi dawn u r amazing to battle on in the way you do against arthritis, have seen wot it can do, i worked in a nursing home for a time, u must be one real determined guy, more credit to you. daz any news on you wearing your new boots? later nhoj62

I love wearing heels that are at least 5 inchs or higher. I have 8 pairs of stellitos all of them 6inch one pair 7 1/2. I've worn a few pairs of side at nigh before. Thier easy to walk in. At least the plats are. Its my 6 inch non platform pumps I can't walk in. Anyone have any tips?

It's all good. ~Arron.

Nhoj62:-) Thanks for the accolades. I really appreciate it. My lot in life is to battle arthritis. So you can do one of two things---give in and subcome to it---or keep as active as possible and battle it to the bitter end. I have a sickly wife to consider here and take care of. There is only her and I---so I have been elected to care for her as to the best of my ability. And yes---I am extremely determined to stay on top of this as I have never been known to be a quitter. Thanks once again for the glowing credits. I can't win with this, but I certainly am not going to let it slow me down any. Happy street-heeling. Cheers--- Dawn HH :D

dawn good on you keep at it, i wish you and your wife long and active lives!. daz keep at it practice makes perfect, the more u do the more stable u will get later nhoj62

Nhoj62:-) Thanks very much. Your support is greatly appreciated by both the wife and myself in more ways than I can ever express to you. Thanks again. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Way to go Daz. The heel is usually made from brass ( as they heve been on two pairs I have owned) To save my current pair from too much wear, I have turned up a replacement pair in steel. Also meant I could make them even thinner ( just for the fun of it ). If you would like me to turn up a replacement pair then just let me know.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Thighboots2:-) I just love the thigh boots in your Avatar picture. I take it that those legs in them are yours? If they are your boots, can you tell us about them---heel height, etc.? Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hi Dawn HH,

Best you peruse the Italian Heels website www.italianheels.com and look under boots. These are their style Amanda (4001). I borrowed the pic from their website. The boots are excellent and well worth the price. The leather is soft and supple. Everytime I open the box, that wonderful smell of leather wafts out.

The heel height is 5" or 12.7cm even though the quoted height is 10cm/4" by the time it gets to my footsize, the heel is that much higher. This is probably why Daz's boots are higher than he expected.

They are nice to wear and being boots give a much more secure feeling whilst walking. So far I have worn out two sets of plastic heel tips and the last time I took them in for tips, I had the shop fit metal ones. They were surprised I wanted metal tips and said "They will be so noisy". Exactly I thought. :D

A highly recommended net retailer to deal with and their products are beautifully made. I also have a pair of their style called Veronica. Sadly, this is now a deleted style, but these are the pair that I have made additional heels for as they screw in very easily. The heel height is a little higher at 13cm. Fun to wear and as Daz is finding out, the noise generated when walking is loud. Big advantage of this heel type is that scuffing is not nearly such a problem as there is no heel cover on the lower, more vunerable heel area. In summer, you can easily get that sinking feeling when walking on tarmac as the tip diameter is only 2mm!

Posted Image

Hope the info is OK.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Thighboots2:-) Thanks ever so much for the added info on your Avatar picture. Quite extensive and appreciated. Now since you have a pair of boots like in your Avatar, you need a pic of your legs in them to use in place of the pic now in your Avatar. I am a boot man myself and I am quite aware of the support and comfort that a good boot can provide. I like these very much. Cheers--- Dawn HH