Keeping your feet pretty?

TabascoTesa

Hi all, I have a new username (shoelover1982 was a boring name.) My 4" spiky-heeled sandals will be here Tuesday--yay! :D Just wondering: With summer approaching and open-toed strappy styles upon us, what do you do to keep your sandal-shod feet in good-looking condition? After a long winter of dry air and rough socks, I have to admit that the bottoms of my feet are looking a little rough, dried out, and feeling a bit like sandpaper. Any lotions/products anyone can recommend? (I'm in the USA, so if you know of an awesome product from anywhere else in the world, I'll just hope I can find something similar here :D ) Thanks!

I have beautifully soft soles (and palms come to that) and the product I swear by is.... ...nothing at all! Ruth had soles like sandpaper and the skin on her heels would crack and actually bleed and was very painful indeed. She was forever putting creams on and sanding the rough skin away. As soon as she started to do what I do, her feet started to clear up and now they're fine. She did have a relapse and started to put cream on but then her feet started to get rough again and she stopped. The reason you get a build up of thick rough skin is to protect your feet from damage. If you remove this protective layer or soften it up, nature will just replace it. If you wait patiently (several months) for the condition that has caused your foot to want to thicken the soles to go away and you will have lovely soft soles. Callouses and corns are similar, all you do is avoid the footwear that has caused them until they have gone. Sometimes, you can wear those particular shoes again without any problems. Bunions can only be treated by way of an operation. Sometimes the "bunion" isn't really a bunion at all but a pronounced toe joint made obvious by a big toe pointing inwards. Try wearing toe post sandals or placing padding between your toes. Hammer toes are a painful condition that are caused either by shoes that are too small or too big! The toes are pushed up into the toe box causing them to bend. In extreme cases, you will see toes crossed over just like when you cross fingers for luck. You can prevent this by padding between the toes or even toe jewellery! Ingrown toenails are caused by inproper toe clipping and pressure on the side of the toe. To treat cut a small "v" or a split near the sore spot and limp for a week or so. You could try digging it out but this is a job that only a chiropodist can safely do (risk of infection, piercing a blood vessel etc.). To prevent cut your nails straight across and not rounded, never, ever, ever use nail clippers and only use nail scissors. To make your feet look pretty, push back the cuticles by first soaking in warm soapy water and then ease them back with a hoof stick. Ridges can be filed and you may find it easier to get someone to do it for you, soak first to soften the nails. If you do use cream, only do so on the top of the foot. Cosmetically, shave the hairs and use a bit of fake tan.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

For many years I've used a product called Bag Balm :D . . . it's for Cows udders :D BUT works great on my feet! :D Take care, precious! 5.5" Stilettoes RULE! Ciao! Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

For many years I've used a product called Bag Balm :lol: . . . it's for Cows udders :D BUT works great on my feet! :D

Take care, precious!

5.5" Stilettoes RULE!

Ciao!

Anita C.

I've heard of that before and seems to work. (You try it at your own risk though :D )

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

For many years I've used a product called Bag Balm :D . . . it's for Cows udders :D BUT works great on my feet! :D

Take care, precious!

5.5" Stilettoes RULE!

Ciao!

Anita C.

Bag Balm is great stuff. It's available at Brookstone, at least it was. My mother worked at The Food and Drug Law Instutute in D.C. for many years. She asked the director of the place, a Dr. - Lawyer, about it and he checked the ingredients. It's both safe and effective. Ask any Dr.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

I ordered some foot soak and cream and a nifty little blow up tub from Avon. When I get it in I'll give it a go and tell ya how they worked out here. I've got the yuckiest looking heels! I hope it helps JinxieKat