Shape of feet in heels II

No, for the following reasons: 1. The foot is too big for the shoe (spilling out over heel and sole) 2. The heel is too high for the shoe (leaning backwards) Forgive me for being slightly fussy but heels and shoes are like an artform and everything has to be right for the ultimate appeal. It was still a nice foot and style though so the thought was good :D

I agree with High Surprise inasmuch as the concept of the shoe is very sexy, being in gold and giving a great lift to the foot. However, I also agree with Firefox inasmuch as the shoes are badly made (one heel kicking backward) and also the the foot is bulging out of the too-small shoe. FF is dead right that such inattention to detail spoils what could be a wonderful effect. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

but... you've got to give them some credit, they certainly are high! if only they were a fraction bigger and maybe another strap at the front to hold the toes in!

Yes, High Surprise - very, very fussy indeed! But the satisfaction in admiring any art form, whether it be painting, sculpture, poetry, music or high heeled shoes is in being a perfectionist and experiencing the indescribable thrill of seeing something executed to perfection. Anything less can jar the sensibilities. Still, don't forget that Firefox and I both gave credit where credit was due and praised the style of the shoe! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Well, certainly. Try this one. It's simply that the size and shape of the shoe are the right dimensions to contain the foot, so that the lines and curves flow unbroken from the foot to the shoe.

Posted Image

Cheerfully Yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Those gold shoes are certainly gorgeous, though spoiled by being quite a lot too small. I rather like the idea of just an instep strap - I wonder how practical it is though. The black ones are lovely too, and I enjoy wearing mules with transparent straps. They look even better if there is no banding to the straps. Open shoes do need to be an excellent fit to allow for daily wear and satisfying appearance. I agree that shoes, like clothes generally, are an art form, and detail is terribly important.

i agree. the shoe design is sexy, and looks very restrictive, which i suppose is the idea with any heel that high. The foot spoils the shoe, too big for the size of the mule and also not so nicely presented (if we are been picky :D )

Yes, High Surprise - very, very fussy indeed! But the satisfaction in admiring any art form, whether it be painting, sculpture, poetry, music or high heeled shoes is in being a perfectionist and experiencing the indescribable thrill of seeing something executed to perfection. Anything less can jar the sensibilities.

Well said and how very true Heelfan. I guess we are all perfectionists here. After all, in one way or another, high heels are a very important part of all our lives. For something so important, nothing less than perfection will do. It's just that we all have our own idea of what perfection is. But that's one of the things that make this board so great!

Cheers, Paul.

P.S. Here's one of my ideas of perfection :D

Posted Image

Very,very nice indeed Paul! So sorry you and your wife can't come to meet us all at the 12th June 04 UK Heel-Meet at Hayway's and Leicester. Is that her feet in the shot, or a supplier's catalogue photo? If it is your shot, at least we can say we've met her feet! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Show me some pics of perfection in your eyes. I'm curious. How should he shoe/foot look to please?

This is from the Custom Shoe Company catalog issued during the late 70s. I recognize the photos as coming from an issue of Bizarre. This look is virtually impossible to achieve today, unless you know a 90 year old lady willing to sell off some of her collection.

And just look at how long those tongues are!!

Posted Image

Michael

Heelfan and Paul - I stand corrected. Yes yes yes. You are right. The pictures you have supplied certainly demonstrate correctly fitting shoes and right proportions etc. Lovely black heels btw. Keep the pics coming though. Interesting to see how perfection is seen through other's eyes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've never understood why so many homes on the west coast are called "mansions" when they are actually ranch-style structures dangling dangerously over the edge of a cliff.

uhhhh... with the big toe hanging all over the floor like a slug looking for food while the heel is hanging out like a late-model California pseudo-mansion...

No. Not sexy.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...