Trainers - on the way out?

keels

Going around my local Tesco yesterday I noticed far fewer trainers being worn (thank goodness). Instead I saw lots of very nice kitten heels and several pairs of very low cut ballerinas. I think this is a very positive trend and much to be encouraged.

Oh! Let's all pray fervently that you're right! I can't wait for that day to come soon enough. I've seen enough frayed jeans and grotty trainers (with Doc Martins and Birkenstocks thrown in) to last me a lifetime! The only thing is, instead of the trainers being replaced by kitten heels, wouldn't life be great if the entire female teenage fraternity could be cajoled into 4 1/2" to 5 1/2" stiletto heels! Oh, the very thought of it makes me go weak at the knees. I think I need a glass of water and a lie down! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Oh! Let's all pray fervently that you're right! I can't wait for that day to come soon enough. I've seen enough frayed jeans and grotty trainers (with Doc Martins and Birkenstocks thrown in) to last me a lifetime!

The only thing is, instead of the trainers being replaced by kitten heels, wouldn't life be great if the entire female teenage fraternity could be cajoled into 4 1/2" to 5 1/2" stiletto heels!

Oh, the very thought of it makes me go weak at the knees. I think I need a glass of water and a lie down!

Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Only water HF? Sure it wouldn't be fortified with something?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I have to agree with FF and that trainers are here to stay. Just look at the advertising budgets of Nike, Reebok, and Adidas versus the top brands of heels. The comparisons are astronomical. I hope the younger set realize there are days of looking like a casual, athlete-wannabe and other days of looking proper and lady-like.

The only thing is, instead of the trainers being replaced by kitten heels, wouldn't life be great if the entire female teenage fraternity could be cajoled into 4 1/2" to 5 1/2" stiletto heels!

.... and the rest of the female population! :D

Unfortunately, I've yet to see any evidence around my neck of the woods of the decline of trainers. Lovely thought though.

Paul.