7000 steps

Shyheels

Taking a leaf out of @mlroseplant book I measured my steps yesterday as I made my way around the city of Leeds, and was pleasantly surprised to find it came to just over 7000. I was wearing ankle boots with 3.5” chunky heels - thicker heels being a necessity here in the old part of the city with its brick streets and irregular paving tiles. I might start keeping better track 

• Like 1

It is at least interesting to know what sorts of activities involve actually walking a lot versus those that just seem like it. I've never worked in an office before, but I've built a lot of office buildings. With the job I'm at right now, I'm lucky to get in 5,000 steps by the end of the day, even though I'm on my feet 95% of the time. When I was foreman at a building which was 400 meters long and sometimes had crews at opposite ends of it, it was very difficult to NOT get at least 10,000 steps in a day. Outside of work, it is completely dependent on a) how lazy I am, or b) whether I have lawns to mow. That activity does add a lot of steps. I guess I should mention that we have only walk behind mowers.

As far as walking in heels, I guess I've never personally known anyone who walks in heels as much as I do, so I can't really compare notes. I have a feeling that the secret to my heeling success is based on just sheer number of hours spent walking.

• Like 1