Greetings from the Midwest!

Gige

I have been a longtime reader of this blog but finally decided to participate by introducing myself. I, like anyone in this community, love wearing heels, preferably heeled boots, and the higher the heel the better. My heel height range is from four inches (10.06cm) at the low end to five inches (13cm) at the high end. I would love to go higher but at that point, my old running knees could not handle the stresses such heights place on them. I realize I could wear platform heels but I have never been much into them as in larger sizes, they can make one’s feet look unusually big and awkward. I have always loved Jessica Simpson brand boots as they are very stylish but recently, discovered Giaro, which I absolutely adore. In fact, I am currently awaiting delivery on a pair I ordered from overseas. I do not know why, but seeing a pair of well-heeled boots, regardless of the shaft height or who is wearing them, is so irresistible that I want them to be on my feet!

I have loved wearing heels as long as I can remember and obtained my first pair prior to becoming a teenager. I have gone through stages in my life where I have had a many pairs around to having none on hand. Despite this, I have come to realize that wearing heels is just who I am. As members will read, despite several instances of having some very beautiful heels on hand, I recently took my first journey out into public wearing a pair of heeled boots and even though it was a sense of sheer exhilaration, I am still nervous about continuing to do so. What motivated me to make that first journey into public in heeled boots was reading the other stories from members of this community.

I suppose that my reason for being here is that I so much want to share my stories of my love of wearing heeled boots (and pumps) with other like-minded and non-judgmental people. I have come to believe that “baby-steps” is the best way to approach wearing any heels out in public – take that first step and make the second step a bit more than the first.  I very much want people to know I love heeled boots but only want the “right” people to know. By this, I mean that I want those people who will be welcoming and supportive to know rather then close-minded and hateful individuals who will offer scorn and ridicule.

Two final notes/thoughts…  First, my focus is to share my stories of wearing heels out in public. As I am new to this experience, it is very exciting. Thus, I ask for the members to indulge me for a while for a while as I share my first steps (literally!) into this new world. I so much want to tell those who know what it is like to experience the nerves, the uncertainty, but also the joy and reward of being comfortable in yourself to head out into public in a pair of heels. I believe that at first, I will have many stories to share and want to share every detail of such. As I become more comfortable in wearing my heeled boots in public, however, I hope my stories will truly focus on very special moments such as getting a hot new pair of boots (which I did today) and my first public wearing of them.

Second, I do not wish to discuss who in my family may know of my desire to wear heels in public or what they may think of it. I know that I do not have to worry about that here but I believe it is better to say so rather than leaving people guessing.  Thank  you ever so much for your understanding!

Gige

Edited by Gige
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

We have already introduced ourselves in other threads, but I did want to comment on your statement, "I believe that at first, I will have many stories to share.  .  . however.  .  ." I think we have all experienced this to some degree or other, but what tends to happen is that one day a fellow wakes up and realizes that every post has become some version of, "Welp, I went grocery shopping today in my heels, and nothing happened." I suppose that this is one reason why the conversation tends to wander a bit off subject at times. At any rate, I do hope you enjoy your time here.

13 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

We have already introduced ourselves in other threads, but I did want to comment on your statement, "I believe that at first, I will have many stories to share.  .  . however.  .  ." I think we have all experienced this to some degree or other, but what tends to happen is that one day a fellow wakes up and realizes that every post has become some version of, "Welp, I went grocery shopping today in my heels, and nothing happened." I suppose that this is one reason why the conversation tends to wander a bit off subject at times. At any rate, I do hope you enjoy your time here.

Hi Mlroseplant;

You are absolutely correct here - I do not want every one of my posts to be about the mundane and monotony of everyday life that just so happened to have occuring while wearing heels. There is only so many times in which anyone can make going to the grocery store, post office, wherever in heels exciting after the first instance of both doing so and writing about it. I hope, rather, to share only those stories that reflect growth in both my confidence, and the height of the heel and my willingness for it to be seen by others. Since my "debut" of wearing heels in public this past November, I have truly grown in many areas and taking the first steps in public were the best steps I ever took. It is moments like those I want to share and as noted, I have several about which I want to write and post for all to read.