Mary

Her name is Mary.

She's a twenty-something young lady who is new at the firm.

She's a good worker and very sweet, albeit somewhat dowdy gal who hides behind pulled back blah-brown hair and the ugliest pair of glasses known to man.

One evening after work the office was going out for cocktails and we all but kidnapped her to come with.

After a drink or two she looked at Samantha and me and said "You two always look so nice. I wish I could look half that good!"

I winked at Samantha and said "Y'know Mary, you can! Want some help?"

"Oh, I couldn't . . . I am just not that attractive and wouldn't know how or where to even begin." "Hon-just put yourself in our hands, ok? Look-tomorrow's Saturday and Sam & I have nothing going on so YOU are going to become our project." "But I don't have the money and I don't-"

"We don't want to hear it, Mary! Just be at Cuttin' Loose spa at 9:00 am sharp."

Sam and I arrived at the spa about 8:30 so's we could charm Don & Kenny into a special favor. This included grovelling and, of course, bribery

But we got it done.

Mary arrived at 9:00 walking into the spa like a nervous doe. She had no idea what WE had in store for her. First, she had her long brown hair cut, colored & styled. Then we did 'nails and a pedicure followed by make-up.

The change was nothing short of phenominal - she came out looking so great! Who'd a thunk that this doll was hiding behind that awful hair and well-scrubbed face!

Then we hit the mall and hit it hard. First, we went lingerie shopping. This is where we made the discovery that our little Mary had a FIGURE!!! YES! 3 new bras and some fun undies! WOO-WOO! We found 6 new outfits and 3 new pairs of Stilettos (2 - 4" and one pair of 5.5"ers!)!

We stopped by a jewelry store and picked up a few new "Sparkelies" and Voila!

As Mary, Sam & I were cilk-clik-cliking our way back to the car the heads were a-turnin'! Mary had gone from frumpy to fabulous.

We went by a store with a large dark window and Mary stopped cold . . .

"O-mi-gawd!" she stammered. "I'm really pretty!" Then came the tears. "How can I ever thank you for this?" she sobbed.

We just smiled and said "You just did, Hon!"

That night I invited a few of our co-workers down for cocktails and to see their reaction to the "New" Mary.

They arrived at about 7:30 and were chatting about this n' that. At 8:00 Mary entered . . . and how! She was in a black cocktail dress, jet black stockings and sporting her new 5.5" Stilettos. She walked over to join us, teetering ever so slightly, and said "Mind if I join you?".

Nobody could believe that it was HER! She clik-clik-cliked her way around our table so each person could see her new look.

"Great outfit, hon! Who did you go shopping with?" They glanced at the shoes and slapped the table "I just KNEW it! This has Anita and Sammys' handiwork all over it!". "Your doing quite well in those Stilettos" Sam complimented. "Thank you! I vacuumed the whole house this afternoon so I could get used to them!" she beamed.

We were all having fun chatting and revelling in Marys' new look when this fella walks over to our table and asks Mary a question. She smiles and shakes her head "No" and the guy goes away.

"Ok, Mary. Who was that guy and WHAT the hell was THAT about?".

She waved her hand and chuckled "Oh, he's just some guy who thought he knew me . . . turns out he was mistaken."

"Oh? Do you know him?".

She got this big smile on her face and said "WELL, he thought I was someone he knew and he was wrong. But I DO know him!" Mary said dangling her black patent Stiletto playfully.

"C'mon. Tell all, girl, don't keep us in suspense!"

"Ok, ok. . . He's my ex! He left me two years ago for a 20 year old cocktail waitress at this dive bar he went to and, yes, I DO know him-too damned well, I might add! But HE doesn't know THIS me! And he never ever will!". :D

You GO girl!

And for her ex . . . the best way to truely appreciate someone is to lose them!

Ciao,

Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

Mary is learning more about who she is and what she needs out of life. She is becoming more aware each day of how her new look has many benefits. As for does she know how sexy shoe-dangling is? Probably . . . but you must remember she's going through many changes and discoveries. With each day she becomes more confident and Sam & I like to think that our efforts were the first step. She is becoming an incredible woman. She went out shopping last week . . . she came home with 2 new pairs of 5.5" Stilettos! Ciao! Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.