Walking in public

JaBe

Hi Guys, This week I went out in public for the first real time with my shoes. What do I mean, well till now I only went out in the dark and in quiet places. I bought myself new shoes this week with a 2 inch heel and still pretty feminin. I started walking arround, came along a shoppingmall and went in it. Although it was just dark outside, there was plenty of light in this mall. Although the shops were just closed, I saw a whole lot of more people than I was used to till now. NOBODY looked arround, NOBODY said anything to me while they could hear the clicking of the heal very well!!!!! This really felt good and encourages me to do it much more and now the next step is daylight. The clothes I was wearing was a suit, as I have to wear this for work everyday. Everyone of you who do not dear to go out, try it like I did. It could be a big, maybe a huge relief!

This is very well said Emery! I have allready spoken with a couple of women, and they don't care. I have just bought some more shoes (second hand) and the women that sell them to me, are very understanding, even encouraging it. Whynotheels should definatley go out in public where he is not known. I wish you lots of courage and succes Whynotheels!! Go for it!

We went on a trip to Belgium to see Laurance a couple of years ago. We were all wearing 4" heels in Brussels and other towns. We never had any problem there. Like most of North Europe the Belgian's seem a laid back cultured people. Being polite, friendly, enjoying the fine beer, food, and architecture are the most important things. They seemed to be quite tolerant of diferent footwear. Having said that, we did get one or two long looks from the older people, but that's true of many places where it's more difficult for a few of them to accept new things.

Hi Guys,

This week I went out in public for the first real time with my shoes.

NOBODY looked arround, NOBODY said anything to me while they could hear the clicking of the heal very well!!!!!

This really felt good and encourages me to do it much more and now the next step is daylight.

Everyone of you who do not dear to go out, try it like I did. It could be a big, maybe a huge relief!

Well done, JaBe! Welcome to street-heeling. And the more confidence you gain, the higher the heels will get.

I made the same experience as you about ten years ago. I think you did it the right way. Don't begin with 4" stilettos. Do it step by step.

High Heels - a true feelgood-factor for everyone

I bought a 3" pair of black suede pumps with ankle straps a few weeks ago. I'm going to be out of the office next week at a training class. It's going to be me, a male instructor who already knows I may wear heels, and 5 other guys in the class. It's just the thought of facing 6 guys that is the biggest hurtle.

In my opinion you take the third step before the first one. I think you should start wearing heels in public like JaBe did it.

By starting in 3" suede pumps in front of a group of guys with which you are tied together in a classroom for days you take a very big risk of being ridiculed by a "strong" group of guys for the whole time. That way you can't build up self confidence, in contrary. Don't give them the chance of spoiling your "street-heeling career" before it has begun.

Start it slowly. The more fun you will have in the years to come.

Stilettofan is right. It is much easier to walk around a mall or busy street in heels than be in a confined space with other people. In a mall you can always walk away. Build up your confidence and attitude in busy settings before confronting coworkers or friends.

Here is a nice pair of heels (aboput 2 1/4) that I just bought a couple of days ago in Washington DC. They are not high but great for every day wear. They are the kind of shoes that the occasional person may have a good look at, but noone really makes a double-take when they see them.

Posted Image

That style of shoe is standard footwear for me. Although some here that wear 5" stiletto heels without regard to public attitude might view these styles as "sissy shoes" in the realm of high heels in public, for those of us that live in the more "conservative" social cilmates and prescribe to acceptable local dress customs, do well to appear in that style where we are widely recognized.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba is right. You have to chose your shoes to match your style and your environment, if you're going to do it outside. Mine is generally thicker heel cowboy or blade/block ankle boots about 4". The choices you have for style are generally much wider than you might perceive. I'm not saying you can't ever wear 5" stills but you have to think about your options and be confident about your personalility to carry it off.

I'd say that if you live in a conservative area, about 2 1/2" is about the maximum, the first time my mum saw me in heels was in that height, and she never even twigged that I was wearing thigh high boots! She just said "new shoes?" so the moral of the story is that when starting out, start with something moderate that most people wont even look at, you can then start building your confidence and then progress to higher heels as time moves one

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

I agree with Bubba and Firefox. You don't have to push it to the limit or even make a fool of yourself, especially if you live in a rural, conservative environment. I don't think anyone would wear a smoking for visiting the local supermarket. Same thing with shoes: think where you gonna go, what you intend to do and what mood you're in, then dress up accordingly.

I hear what you guys are saying, but sometimes you just want to standout, showoff your heels and the great feeling, but just not possible, i have to be carful and try something that wount stand out and get attention, just to shy and scared of what pepole think and will say.

I hear what you guys are saying, but sometimes you just want to standout, showoff your heels and the great feeling, but just not possible, i have to be carful and try something that wount stand out and get attention, just to shy and scared of what pepole think and will say.

Just another reason to start things slowly. Once you've gained enough confidence and wear the 2" or 3" heels in public without problems, then the time for "stand out" and "show off" has come, if you're in the mood for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

JaBe:-) Since you were brave enough to wear your shoes in a class room with people you know, you certainly shouldn't have any problems in a Mall or on the street. When the wife and I go to the Mall I wear a much higher heel than you and no reaction. I usually wear between a 3" and a 4" heeled pair of knee-high boots under long boot-cut jeans. The more you do it, the more confidence you gain, and people are more concerned with themselves than with what you have on your feet. Go for it! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!