Cross Country Tour From Va To Seattle!

LuvyourShoes

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun and that's what vacation is all about! Keep up the pace. But be careful not to overdo it and get a blister. It will ruin your day and the next couple of days, too. Don't ask me how I know that.

Steve

I got the chance to meet LuvyourShoes in Seattle.  We chatted with some beers and garlic fries at Gordon Biersch, then we had a shake at Johnny Rockets.  It was great meeting LuvyourShoes.  If he happens to be traveling into your area, go and meet him.  He is a really nice guy with a big kind heart.

You guys are awesome! I'm on the Greyhound back to Richmond after a long day of flights. I'll give a major update from the trip plus some shoe pics from the past few days.

Thanks for helping me make a wonderful trip, and special thanks to BSS for his time and hospitality in the Seattle area. He made the trip even more fun!

Expect an update tomorrow!

Some pics! From phone... sorry for the awkward orientation.

I really did have an amazing trip guys...  I can't tell you how amazing it was to just be free of knowing anyone, and just being myself with no masks or self-imposed expectations.  I was a guy wearing what I wanted to wear (for the most part) and enjoying the city.

I told you about my first full day out and about, and that was a lot of fun.  The second full day was a bit of an adventure.  I had to go to Tacoma on personal business, but I still was able to wear what I wanted.  I borrowed a long, dark red cardigan/duster from my wife (without her knowledge... lol.  I put it back) and decided to put it together with a slim grey vneck tshirt, some nice fitted blue jeans and some high heel clogs (which I absolutely adore).  I feel like this look is 100% me.  It's how I feel inside... fun, breezy, a bit on the hippie side, and a bit flirty.  Sorry, no pics today though.

I hopped on a bus to get to the light rail, then on the light rail to get to the airport.  From the airport, I caught a bus which took me all the way to Tacoma, and then from there, another two buses to get to my destination.  Along the way, I met people, chatted, and enjoyed good times, and no one cared about what I was wearing.  I wasn't too far out of the ordinary, so it really didn't surprise me that no one noticed my attire.  I think the stigmas I imposed on myself were a bit more far fetched than I thought.

On the way back, I found out that a lot of the buses stop running around 9pm... which left me very far from where I needed to be!  The last bus back to Seattle was coming at 10:15, which meant that I needed to get a move on or I'd be spending the night in Tacoma!  I took off my clogs and put on a pair of brown stretchy flats with a cute bow and pendant on top and set out to make it before the bus left!  It was a little over two miles from where I was to the bus stop!  Multiple cars passed, and the sun set slowly (strange that it was still light out at 9pm) to give way to darkness as I walked through multiple neighborhoods to get to the stop.  One thing I definitely noticed in Washington State... people leave their doors open alot... I mean wide open!  It boggled my mind... I have never seen this many wide open doors and windows in my life.  Someone explained to me that the heat gets unbearable so people do it to keep cool, but I didn't imagine it to be this widespread!

I made it to the bus stop with about 10 minutes to spare.  It was an exhilarating adventure, and I was happy that I made it!  The ride back on the bus and light rail were not very interesting, but that's a good thing.  I was just a guy in flats enjoying my evening ride home.

I'll tell about the last day in another entry.

Enjoy your day!

post-14900-0-33067300-1439319011_thumb.j

post-14900-0-86948900-1439319045_thumb.j

post-14900-0-58321300-1439319069_thumb.j

post-14900-0-81481300-1439319094_thumb.j

post-14900-0-70099600-1439319117_thumb.j

post-14900-0-98333100-1439319145_thumb.j

post-14900-0-84577800-1439319171_thumb.j

post-14900-0-45255900-1439319200_thumb.j

post-14900-0-28725400-1439319222_thumb.j

post-14900-0-89371000-1439319247_thumb.j

post-14900-0-76067600-1439319268_thumb.j