Damaged Shoes From Timpson

Hi,

This is my first post here so I hope I'm doing it correctly.

About two months ago I took two pairs of shoes (courts) into Timpson to have new heel tips. Something I've done many, many times with no problems.

This time however, the lady doing it seemed to have loads of problems and she somehow managed to get the metal from the new tips stuck inside of both pairs of shoes (she had inserted them and then had to pull them out again when she realised they were wonky). She asked me to leave them with her for a couple of days as she'd need to get a drill bit sent up from another store. So that was fine, mistake happen and I get that. A few days later I had a call to go and collect one pair but was told that the other pair would need to be sent to head office for a more complex repair. When I got home I realised that they had tipped my shoes in metal tips - I didn't even realise that they were a thing as I now sounded like a horse wherever I walked. I took those back and they put normal tips in and that was fine.

On Friday we finally were able to collect the other shoes after 2 months at head office. To my utter belief they had removed the heel entirely from black suede shoes and replaced them with shiny cheap plastic ones!! They look ridiculous and I cannot believe that anybody thought I would be happy with them?!

They've been returned but nobody has been able to tell me what will happen next. Has this kind of thing happened to anyone before? How likely am I to get the money for new shoes? These are now utterly ruined.

Here are the shoes now.

Hello Carrie and welcome to the site.

yes, I've had similar experiences when I've taken shoes to places like that on the high street which I never would do again.

Timpsons are a large corporate concern and it wouldn't be worth their time or reputation to upset a customer such as yourself.

I would suggest writing to the head office clearly detailing exactly what you expect from them.

of course your success depends entirely on how much time you think it's worth devoting to it. They will give you what you ask for if you maintain your position and keep the heat on.

(I prefer metal tips, they last a lot longer?

WOW! that's insane.

Take more pics. Try to get a pic of the heel that came off also. Try to get the shop to pay for the shoes, what you paid for them. If they don't contact the corporate office.

Always try to get a rubber heel tap or a good quality one. Less chances of slipping.

I had heel taps replaced and when the shop ground the heel down they ground the sides of the side heel about 1/4 up all the around.

What a shame. Nice looking shoe.