What should I do?

badger

I teach at a local university and my unannounced policy is that I give bonus points to females in my class that wear high heeled boots or pumps. I student that was in my class last semester always wore boots, so she received a good grade. She is in my class again this semester, but has started wearing flats. Should I give her credit for last semester, give her the grade she earns or downgrade her for switching to flats?

Everyone should wear boots!

I teach at a local university and my unannounced policy is that I give bonus points to females in my class that wear high heeled boots or pumps. I student that was in my class last semester always wore boots, so she received a good grade. She is in my class again this semester, but has started wearing flats. Should I give her credit for last semester, give her the grade she earns or downgrade her for switching to flats?

I truly hope this is meant as a joke; if not, the answer to your "what should I do?" question is re-read your contract of employment and the university's policy on discrimination/treatment of it's students.

Emma