That sinking feeling

Anita C.

I attended a wedding recently. It was held in a grassed area and I was in my usual 5.5" Blue Stilettos as were about 5 of us in attendance. . . While fun after a while I became tired of walking on my tip-toes and constantly wiping my heels off and sought out solid surfaces as the day progressed. The Bride & groom thanked their "Stiletto Heel wearing friends for aeriating the lawn . . ." Hmmmmm . . . a thought crossed my mind. I wonder if there's potential here? Imagine ten-twenty Stiletto-wearing ladies show up and start tromping around your yard. While the homeowner observes-er, supervises them with a descernable "lump" :D:( in his Levis! There will be an EXTRA charge for THOSE services, Stud! Ciao! Anita

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

the wife likes my stilettos for a similar reason. she reckons that she can get me to walk over the garden while she puts seeds in the holes I make. 20 women in stilettos! hmm! you didn't mention what else they are or aren't wearing !! :D

I looooove the sensation of breaking a firm surface with a pair of stilettos and firm soil does it for me too. The downside is having dirty heels afterwards.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

On the few occasions I've tried it, I've always lost the plastic heel tips. The feel of my heels sinking into the grass is just fantastic though. Well worth the lost tips. Whilst I'm on the subject - do any of you fellow Brits know where I can order replacement (metal) heel tips online or otherwise? I haven't got to the stage of being brave enough to take my shoes to be repaired at a cobblers. I have been trough it in my mind. Dropping them off would be no problem, but I would certainly be too chicken to go and collect them once the cobbler had realised the size of the shoes and who their likely owner is! I would want the ground to open up and swallow me. :D Why do shoe repair places always cut keys too??

Hi Allyx, sorry I can't help you with buying heel tips online, but taking the shoes in to be re-heeled is no big problem. I took my black leather thigh boots to be re-heeled with metal tips, and the guy didn't bat an eyelid. He might have known / suspected that they belonged to me, but didn't pass comment. Looking at it logically, it's not in their interest to make a fuss, if they do you won't go back and they'll have lost a customer. Chris ps. I don't understand the link between shoe repair and keys either. I've seen some shoes with locking ankle straps though...

yes the sinking feeling is surely different. however, the only draw back is the covering on the heel gets really torn up. :( maybe if i wore a pair of heels that are half metal would help :D

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

most of the cobblers can't be bothered who wear the shoes. I had the seam go on a pair of ankle boots and went into Timspsons to get a quote. The guy asked me what the problem was, so I took the boot off for him to examine. No reaction! He looked at them said he could do it for £4. "Done", I said. He vanished into the back and did it. I paid the guy and put my boot back on. Job Done! No Problems! If you worried about some cobblers then just go to a busy one. No-one cares who they're for, just that you have a pair of shoes to fix. :D The cobbler is more likely to replace your plastic tips with metal.

I would loved to have been there,and your idea of having a load of women 'aeriating' the lawn...Oh what an idea

HHDS

You saying that, I remember the first Reading Rock festival I went to. I was with a group of people of which 2 were goth girls, both of which would only wear their thigh high boots... It rained from start to finish... HHDS you would have been in your element - 3 days in thigh highs, in a field, in 6 inches of mud!

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

On the few occasions I've tried it, I've always lost the plastic heel tips. The feel of my heels sinking into the grass is just fantastic though. Well worth the lost tips.

Whilst I'm on the subject - do any of you fellow Brits know where I can order replacement (metal) heel tips online or otherwise? I haven't got to the stage of being brave enough to take my shoes to be repaired at a cobblers. I have been trough it in my mind. Dropping them off would be no problem, but I would certainly be too chicken to go and collect them once the cobbler had realised the size of the shoes and who their likely owner is! I would want the ground to open up and swallow me. :D

Why do shoe repair places always cut keys too??

How about we meet up one day and I'll introduce you to Achilles (my shoe maker)?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Achilles? Does he have a problem with his heels? :D Seriously though, I don't actually live within London, but about 20 miles west - so I'm not sure your cobbler would be of much use to me. Thanks for the offer. I haven't progressed to street-heeling yet, and to be honest I'm not quite sure whether I want to. Firefox has invited me to come out to a London heel-meet once or twice, but unfortunately I wasn't able to attent. I say unfortunately, but in actual fact I was secretly relieved as I would have felt compelled to go out of curiosity. I would have felt quite uncomfortable. I am actually enormously shy in a lot of situations and usually do whatever it takes to be inconspicuous and melt into the background. I'm a pretty big guy, so this isn't as easy as it sounds. Maybe this explains my insecurities a little. It may not be rational, but that's just the way I am. My entire life has been a battle against almost overwhelming shyness. This is something that the majority of people will be able to identify with to a certain extent, but they do not know how it feels to be affected at all times. I am thankful that the internet (and modem-access BBS before it) have enabled me to communicate and share ideas in a way that I could never have before.

Oh, come on Allyx! You've gone on the Worldwide Net asking for help with your heel tips, and have been incredibly fortunate to have been offered the services of Dr. Shoe and Achilles ONLY twenty miles away. That's NO DISTANCE by normal standards, and you decline their unparalled help - the best help in the entire business! You are looking a gift horse in the mouth! Dr. Shoe is the best expert in these things amongst all 1,000 plus members of these heel forums, having done a full shoe making/repairing course at the Cordwainers' College. Similarly, Achilles is as good as the come as a full-time professional shoe maker/repairer, and of course would have to be superb to be recommended by Dr. Shoe. When Dr. Shoe offered to help me in a similar way last year, I jumped at the chance! I've used the excellent services of Achilles (via Dr. Shoe) to turn my pair of leather 5" stiletto heeled knee-boots into ankle boots, plus various other refurbishments and re-heeling, and I come from BRISTOL. I willingly went on the 120 mile journey, and previously, when I lived in Cornwall, I willingly did the 300 miles each way journey many, many times to get the expertise that London has to offer. Keen young Daz comes all the way down from Yorkshire to the London Heel-Meets, and a number of us UK members are attending the Paris Heel-Meet next month, with one member (Beeblebrox) coming all the way down from Sweden and Bert is keen to come down from Finland! If you turn down unique and highly valuable future contacts like Dr. Shoe and Achilles for the sake of a measly 20 miles, you don't know a good thing when you see it, but I hope this posting might encourage you to re-appraise your appreciation for them both! Oh, and don't worry about a) what Achilles would think of you, or B) Street-heeling. No-one will give a toss (as Firefox often reminds us!) - just enjoy it whilst you're still on this planet (life's no a rehearsal!). Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

.....I wonder if there's potential here? Imagine ten-twenty Stiletto-wearing ladies show up and start tromping around your yard.

While the homeowner observes-er, supervises them with a descernable "lump" :D:( in his Levis!

There will be an EXTRA charge for THOSE services, Stud!

Ciao!

Anita

Anita, that idea does have potential. Afterall, anything with a sexual connotation, however subtle, will sell. But the ladies would have to be ... ahem ..... appropriately attired. Thongs, minis, and leather come to mind :(

Good luck if you decide to pursue it.

Now excuse me while I go have my car washed at the place that uses bikini-clad female employees. It's only a 50 mile drive for me .... one way. See what I mean?

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 3 weeks later...

I've gotta start watxhing what I say! Sure as heck some garbanzo is gonna call me and try to schedule! Ciao! Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.