Anybody Like Longline Cardigans

Curt

I know there is a thread on this somewhere else. But I really like the look. I'm looking for one, probably without any ruffles or lace decoration. Where would you recommend a good place to shop. In north america. Please send any pics if you have any. I want to put an amesome fall outfit together. I know its not even summer yet. But fall and winter clothes and my favorite. I want to get a red cardigan and pair it up with my skinny jeans and kneehigh high heel boots. I think it would be a trendy look.

Oh well *sigh*... I didn't buy this one from Marc O' Polo back in 2011 when I first saw it, and my size was sold out when I had finally decided to buy it one week later. I still kept the lookbook picture though...

Posted Image

Does Marc O' Polo also sell their stuff in North America?

Although I haven't seen one that looks as nice as the one above, they carry the longline cardigans every fall/winter.

Ohh... and one other thing: Last year they had a dufflecoat that was made of a very light cotton/wool blend - not like a coat, but more like a thicker cardigan. This one I bought - still got the store's picture of it. Something like this could also work for you:

Posted Image

I often wore it with a turtleneck, skinny jeans and my knee-high A.F. Vandevorst boots in cognac color.

Wow! That coat looks really nice! The cardigan on lookbook as well. I'm not too crazy about the pockets, but I love how its really tight in the arms.

Yes, I like them a lot (but I don't have any photos). I have a chunky-knit grey one with a hood that looks great over a plain black top with black bootcut jeans and black heeled boots. I also have several waterfall cardigans in a finer knit: black (looks great over a white/red top with blue jeans, brown, camel (all long-sleeved) and navy blue (3/4 sleeve). They're really flexible, you can wear them over a scoop-neck top with 3/4-length trousers and wedge sandals in autumn/spring, or over a plain turtleneck top with full-length trousers and boots in the winter.

If you like it, wear it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for one with no pockets. I've seen a few women lately with this style lately, but didn't want to bother them to ask where they bought them. Ill find one I like eventually.

• 5 months later...

I've not been online here for ages, so this may be too late, but Pure Collection ( www.purecollection.com ) has some beautiful cashmere cardigans. There is an American branch on their website that's well worth a look, plus they've got a sale on now.

If you end up going for cashmere just make sure you wrap it up well from the moths. There's nothing more upsetting than finding it chomped  :penitent:

I have two, a black one and a white one, both are just plainly knitted without pockets.

I wore the black one just the other day over a red and black 60s style shift dress, thick black tights and thigh boots.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.