High Heel Place Welcomes Rockbass19

Tech

Dear Rockbass19,

Welcome to High Heel Place. Please do take the time to introduce yourself here before doing anything else..

Feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Do take some time to read our website rules / guidance notes and if you get stuck, our FAQ's are also updated frequently..

As a member who has JUST registered, you will only be able to see 3 of our forums, so might be wondering where the rest of the forums have gone?

Well, until you drop in here and introduce yourself, by way of replying to this thread/topic, the rest of what HHPlace has to offer remains hidden...

This is deliberate, and is designed to give total newbies the chance to read the important things, and a chance to post an intro for others to get to know you a little better.

As soon as you have introduced yourself here, that will be your 1st post, and you should instantly be able to see the rest of the forums...

Its our way of really wanting to welcome you gradually, to be sure you dont miss the rules and help available, and encourage you to take part.

So on behalf of the team, and all of our existing members who will hopefully also welcome you...

Welcome to High Heel Place :-)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Hi, Glad to find a forum with so many like me. Thought I was alone in this venture, but apparently not! I'm a straight guy, in my "upper 30's" from Southern NJ. Not a crossdresser or TV, but just seem to have a preference for women's boots over men's. Actually had my first official day of non-Halloween "heeling" today.

Hello and welcome to HHPlace. You must tell us how your first official day went.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Sure - here's my story but I'll give you a little background, too, so you know where I'm coming from. Well, my decision to finally wear heels in public just came about in the last 2 weeks, and I actually have you guys to thank because I've been reading your posts over the last couple weeks and you guys truly inspired me. I've tried "closet cross-dressing" around the house (which my wife is actually ok with), but really I did it for the shoes. I look horrible in a dress, and worse with a wig and make-up. So I decided that if I couldn't "pass" then I'm giving it up. I cleared out my closet today, actually. I'm a women's size 13 WIDE, and I prefer heels 3 inches and less, so they're super hard to find, even online. There's no way I could hide a pump or anything like that, but I thought boots were possible so I decided to just go with boots since they can be easily hidden from sight with a longer pair of jeans. I actually wanted to buy a pair of the Rad Hourani high heel boots for men but they're like $800, so no way. So, a couple weeks ago, while shopping online, I checked out Zappos. Well I probably don't have to tell you all how expensive they are BUT I did find something I liked in my size, but I'm a cheapo so I wasn't going to spend $150 on one pair of boots. So I checked out the other "full figure woman" online stores and discovered that Avenue carried my size. So, one day I stopped in at an Avenue store to check it out. I said I needed some glam-rock like boots for a band I was just hired into. Although that was a lie - I am the leader of my current band and we only do SOME glam-rock stuff. Anyway, the saleswoman seemed happy to help and asked me what my size was, and I, of course, played dumb. I told her my men's size was 11W, so she pulled out some women's 11W's, as I thought to myself "HA, YEAH RIGHT" but I went along with it since "I had never done this before". I'm not only a musician, but apparently a good actor, too! So we tried on the 11's - no way in hell. We went to the 12's - better but still really uncomfortably snug and toe crushing. Last shot was the 13 and BINGO - perfect fit. So, in my size 13W, she brought me faux-suede black ankle boots with a 2.5 inch thin heel (not quite stilletto, but close), a pair of faux-suede black knee boots with a 2 inch wedge, a pair of black faux-leather biker-looking boots with a 2 inch block heel, and a pair of brown faux-suede knee-high boots with a 3 inch thin heel (again not quite stilletto but close). In the open store with only 2 or 3 customers, I started to try them on. First I tried on the ankle boots and liked them. The saleswoman said that they looked really good on me "considering". I tried everything else on and I made it seem like the 3 inch heel boots were a little too high for me (again, good acting) and told her the biker boots were a definite YES but debated about the others. Then I saw the sign - "Boot Sale! All boots $20". So I told her I would take them ALL and told her I would probably be back to return whatever "my band" didn't approve of. Instead of spending $150 on one pair from Zappos, I was coming home with FOUR for $80. I do love me a bargain. I only showed my wife the biker boots, which I will be wearing for band performances. The other 3 are hidden in my closet. I haven't broken the news to her about my wish for public heeling. Gotta do it at the right time. A couple days ago the wife and I went to the Jackson NJ outlets and visited the Lucky Brand Jeans store. I needed new jeans anyway, due to dropping 33 pounds since October (yay, me!). I am normally a 30 inch length, however I wanted some jeans that were a little longer for obvious reasons, so I bought 2 pair of men's jeans with a 32 inch length. I used to be a 40 waist, but now I went down to a 36! (again, yay, me!). I also stopped at the Levi's store and got a couple more pair of jeans, but in straight leg - same length - 32 inches. When I got home I tried on the jeans with my heels. I discovered that: 1. I did not like the boot cut, and 2. If I wanted to wear the 3 inch boots, I actually needed to get a 34 inch length, because the heel still easily showed with the 32 inch jeans. So I needed to head back to the store to make an exchange. Here starts today's heeling adventure. I put on my new black-ish gray Levi's jeans, a black t-shirt, black leather jacket, and then the black biker boots with the 2 inch heel. Great match. The jeans covered the heel PERFECTLY, almost down to the ground. I thought I looked damn good (like a rockstar - that IS what I'm going for), so off I went. The drive to the outlets from my house is about an hour, and I had never driven in heels before. I guess going with the 2 inch heels was good for my first time driving. But these boots, to me, really do look like a cross between a men's biker and cowboy boot, so I did not feel like I was wearing women's boots (though the inside animal-print faux-fur lining would say differently, I guess.) Well they were warm anyway, as today was a very windy and cold day here in NJ. As I got out of my car, I pulled my jeans down a little to make sure the heel was covered, then started walking from the parking lot to the store. I noticed that my heels made a "clack" (not a "click" like stilletto's, but I'm also a bigger guy so maybe I just naturally "clack"...LOL...). I have heard other men's "clacking" before with cowboy boots so I didn't think anyone would notice or care. I walked into the store, where the clacking seemed louder, and quickly made my exchange. I left the store and no one noticed anything. It was great! I hopped back into my car and started heading home, but I didn't want to go home just yet. I reminded myself that I really wanted to pick up a leather vest for band performances. So, I headed to my local biker shop. When I got there, I was the only one there. Once again I "clacked" in the store, but nothing was noticed. The saleswoman was helpful in showing me what they had. They had something in my size but it was boring, and I wanted something with a little more detail. So I left the biker store and headed home. When I got home, I tried on my 3 inch heels with the 34 inch length straight leg jeans. PERFECT, and the jeans didn't even ride up when I sat down, so I'm ready to heel in those babies! Looking forward to reading and telling more stories!!!