Site design

I don't know if this is the right place, but I can't find any better, and I don't know if this is hopelessly out of date or what. Anyway, just wanted to say how easy I find this site to use and to thank the designers. I've only had a computer for three months, but so many of the sites I've looked at were obviously designed without the human being considered. But really I wanted to say, when I log in and get the blue thing telling me I've got a new message I get the same thrill as when I look downstairs and see a handwritten letter amongst the post. I want to wait until I've made a coffee before I open it. So my only quibble. What a shame the thing that asks me if I'm sure I want to log out is blue too. I get a momentary thrill and then...

Well I certainly can't take credit. But I'm pretty sure what you see before you is a combination of Tech's work and VBulletin (the forum software). If you go into USER CP>Customize Profile You can even customize the interface appearance if you are so inclined.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Then thank you, Tech. It never makes me want to throw the computer out of the window! And many do. Feel free to put that on your CV. Shafted, you do know, don't you, that you just said to me, 'go to USER CP>Customize profile and you can blah de bloo de whip if you feel so inclined'? Is that any way for a New England gentleman to talk to a lady?

Shafted, you do know, don't you, that you just said to me, 'go to USER CP>Customize profile and you can blah de bloo de whip if you feel so inclined'? Is that any way for a New England gentleman to talk to a lady?

Only if he wants her to come back. :wavey:

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

lol Thanks Megan, but I take zero credit for any of this stuff... I simply picked the software, and slapped a skin on it, and got it all to work as best it could... Plus, if I took any credit for its good points, I'd have to then take the blame for all of its bugs and faults too :wavey:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Picking the right software is a skill in itself. Anyway, here, when I click in the wrong place I get something unexpected but nice (that's how I learnt to send a PM, and that made my day) Elsewhere I get grey things telling me gibberish ('unhandled runtime error exception', or something like) finger wagging ('bad request' makes me feel ashamed) or the slightly frightening 'Are you sure...?' Now, my experience of 'Are you sure' is that someone's about to take all my pieces off the board, or lay a card which means I've just lost all my money. It's another way of saying 'Do you think that's wise?' And this is supposed to be 'user friendly'? Anyway, Tech, the software doesn't do it all, I'm sure. And I like being somewhere that doesn't set out to make me feel like an idiot. Please accept my thanks for whatever part you played in that (wagging finger) (cOMPLAINT: There isn't an emoticon for wagging finger. Could we have one?)

In what way does a blue blob do the job of a wagging finger? I can put so much meaning into a finger wag(Of course the truly skilled can do it without anything visual. Did you feel it? !!!) OK, When I'm made (allowed) to feel good about myself I sleep well. You've earned yourself a good nights sleep for making my llife easier

In what way does a blue blob do the job of a wagging finger? I can put so much meaning into a finger wag(Of course the truly skilled can do it without anything visual. Did you feel it? !!!)

OK, When I'm made (allowed) to feel good about myself I sleep well. You've earned yourself a good nights sleep for making my llife easier

Thats not a blue blob... :wavey:

Its that look you "would" get if a lady were wagging her finger at you...

This one is probably more suitable to the ladies :)B);):(

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

When I was teaching we had a phrase to describe when we'd had to give a child a real telling off. "I put my finger right up his nose." I'm going to look at my punctuation and see if I can come up with one. I'll keep you posted.