Prince wearing HH

curiosity

In regards to the "why not other guys" comment - because he is Prince. Sure guys can and should wear whatever the hell they want, but the reason he dosn't get so much stick for it is: A) He isn't in the spotlight, almost ever anymore :wavey: He's a superstar really... Why dont you see anyone walking down the road looking like gaga wearing a dress that moves, or looking like michael jackson in glittery suits? Because they're superstars and I think theres a certain unspoken stigma that, if you're just a "normal" person, walking down the street, you're suppost to look "normal". But I agree he looks fabulous and I enjoy seeing him around still as true to hisself as ever. The heels are fabulous!

What Other People Think Of Me, Ain't None Of My Buisness ~ RuPaul

He's worn heels ever since I can remember.. I recall reading an article about it 20+ years ago.. As for "normal".... I haven't seen a "normal" person walking around in public in a long-long time...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Prince has been wearing heels since the mid-70s (about the time he got signed to his record deal). He started wearing the platform/block men's heels. He later moved to the men's zip up boots with about a 3 in heel (look at the Little Red Corvette video). By the time he did Purple Rain, he had the money to get custom heels made. He still wears the same style heels even today. In recent years, he has started wearing some platform "moon" boots. He started wearing them around 2004 during the Musicology tour. He still wears them off-and-on, but still sports his pumps.

Who is normal. Where do you place normal? Are there normal people in the Whitehouse or our Houses of Parliament? Prince is more normal to us because of where we stand. Think I'll watch Purple tonight. Al

Im talking about normal physically, not mentally. I dont know about other people but I personally believe there is such a thing as being normal psycially. Forget disabilites and such im talking pure fashion clothing. Here in England, people expect males walking down the street to be wearing some kind of: Jeans, Tracksuit Bottom, Chino (ect) trousers with some kind of T-shirt, Polo Top, Shirt or Jumper (ect) and it's meant to look male, and vice versa with female. Now im not saying if a man walked down the road in a suit or if a woman walked down the road in a dress everyone would be turning their heads - use some common sence here with me, but I think you can understand that a man in heels ISN'T normal. Now there is nothing WRONG with a guy wearing heels, im just saying it isn't normal by todays standard, just like women with short hair or covered head-to-toe in tattoo's. I think people like to play the whole "no one is normal" card to make themselves feel better, and I agree that no one is normal mentally, but physically there deffinatly is a normal - or at least a widely-used style that the general public seem to abide by.

What Other People Think Of Me, Ain't None Of My Buisness ~ RuPaul

What I have ALWAYS admired about Prince is that he has done everything ... fashion, music, style and attitude ... his way and said the heck with what people think. I have always admire the way he has coordinated his wardrobe with his high heels. And i like the high heels he was wearing on the George Lopez show.

I like the host's shinny purple slippers... "top moumoute" I would say, but not up to his guest's. (well it's working in french "à la hauteur" :wavey:). More seriously, a number of people wear clothes so that to present themselves. If you wear jeans and t-shirt to a business fair, you are constantly mistaken for a student looking for infos for a school presentation. Wearing a suit there is a time saver. If you are too flamboyant, then you could be mistaken for a rock star !!

Prince http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-326dCQFzQ if he can do it, why not other guys? He has a great look though here. Nothing outrageous, everything goes together well. Guys can wear heels and look great! Nobody really bangs on about him looking weird with heels. :wavey:

It's such a non-issue the word "heels" doesn't even appear anywhere in his rather lengthy Wikipedia entry.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

... but the reason he dosn't get so much stick for it is:

A) He isn't in the spotlight, almost ever anymore

:wavey: He's a superstar really...

No, the reason is: because he doesn't care.

I don't care and can wear high heels to high profile clients, my kids' school, etc. I've had had two negative comments in over two years. I think Prince got more.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned here, is that Prince is very SHORT. I truly believe he started wearing heels because he's a little guy and it gave him some height. I don't think he was concerned about fashion in the beginning.

I think that prince has little to worry about being short (if you get my drift). Everything that Prince has worn over the years has been a fashion statment of some sort. I think the heels lend themselves naturally to Prince's short stature. He has always worn heels with a great sense of style. So I think that both for additional height and fashion play equally in his footwear choices.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

To me normal is just walking in the entry and over to the center stage like there was no problem whatsoever with the price of tea on the Hong Kong commodities exchange. Normal could to be natural or something like that but this guy looks normal to me and sports those heels just great.