Metal high heel tips - where to get them?

mia

Just wondering where one could get metal replacement high heel tips (besides ebay) for 5 inch heels? I know some heels are thinner than others, but is there a regular source? I would like to replace cracked plastic tips/taps to some of the metal styles I have on other old school shoes. I can do it myself, have the know how and the right kind of pliers. Thanks!

There's no need - just walk on the exposed nails, thats much more fun... :smile:

You actually enjoy ruining your shoes?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Not reheeling stilettos does not ruin them, nor does it shorten their life - my girlfriend never reheeled her stilettos and was able to wear them for months and years with the nails exposed and they still looked fine. All stilettos damage floors - heels with metal tips are very severe on wooden floors too - so it makes no difference if a girl walks on the nails and it would certainly not bother me if she walked or stood or danced on my floor!

Not reheeling stilettos does not ruin them, nor does it shorten their life - my girlfriend never reheeled her stilettos and was able to wear them for months and years with the nails exposed and they still looked fine. All stilettos damage floors - heels with metal tips are very severe on wooden floors too - so it makes no difference if a girl walks on the nails and it would certainly not bother me if she walked or stood or danced on my floor!

Absolutely false. Basic physics says that the pin will do much more damage to a floor than a metal top lift (more psi on the smaller surface area). It will also make the heel unrepairable as the pin is driven up into the heel. An no not all stilettos damage floors. Heels with plastic or rubber toplifts will NOT damage floors. Get your facts straight please.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Get your facts straight please? Take a chill pill buddy / budette ! ALL stiletto heels damage floors! I've been watching heels for years! Plastic tips may not mark hardwood floors but they will permanently mark softwood. Yes the nail sinks deeper (especially with 16 stone on it in my girlfriends case :smile:

I've never heard of softwood floors. I been wearing stilettos for 6+ years and haven't damaged any floors yet.

Hi Shafted Softwood floors are generally varnished pine - not sure where you live, but where I am, it was the trend a few years ago to remove carpet, sand the floorboards (usually pine or similar) and varnish them. It looked really cool and I've had 3 houses like this. This is what I meant by any stiletto heel will damage them - even brand new shoes out of the box with plastic tips would leave a significant mark. Exposed nails of course would punch right into the floor - but it just kinda happened - young girls 18-22 would never even dream of reheeling stilettos here. I remember nights in our house when friends would come round for a party and invariably the majority of the girls would be have exposed nails on their stiletto shoes and boots. My own girlfriend at the time wore all her heels with the nails permanently exposed. Personally, I don't see any issue with it, but I guess I'm in the minority!

That's cool. The only time I've ever come across a softwood floor (soaked with used motor oil as a preservative) was my grandparents camp on the lake (somewhat primitive, outhouse and all). The only wood floors I've seen here in a typical home have been hardwood strip or parquet flooring. The parquet was in my parents old home and I never damaged that with my stilettos. But on the exposed pin, get it fixed. If the pin is driven too far in it will be very difficult to repair in the least. At the most it could split the heel block.

• 2 weeks later...

interesting discussion between spaceinvader and shafted. I've lived both in the UK and the US and know there is a difference in floor type found in houses, although the old UK softwood floor is slowly becoming less common as hard wood laminates have grown in popularity. Walking on the exposed stiletto pin is also much more common in the UK than in the US. The stiletto heel does seem to last a long time, but take on a scruffy appearence and become "kicked-in" after a while . This is because the pin continues to wear down (along with the plastic heel material) since its 1cm or more long.

interesting discussion between spaceinvader and shafted. I've lived both in the UK and the US and know there is a difference in floor type found in houses, although the old UK softwood floor is slowly becoming less common as hard wood laminates have grown in popularity.

This is because the pin continues to wear down (along with the plastic heel material) since its 1cm or more long.

That's simply because a lot of British women are....unfortunately....more slovenly when it comes to their appearance, than their US and Continental cousins.

Sad...and bad, but true.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Walkonit I quite agree with the distinction between UK and US girls, I have seen much less evidence of walking on the nails in the US (although I have seen it!) It just doesn't seem to occur to UK girls that there is anything wrong with the nails being exposed -there isn't in my opinion, and I do accept I "may" be in the minority!- I remember having a discussion a few years ago with a female friend of mine about her heels. She was a stunningly beautiful girl, about 23 years old at the time, great body, and was always perfectly turned out afer hours of getting ready, hair and clothes and make up and everything else perfect, except her heels! She wore 2 pairs of boots mostly at that time, a black pair and a brown pair, both stiletto heels. Both pairs hadn't seen a heel tip in years, the black pair had the leather peeled right up the outside of the heel and the dirty white plastic showing for about an inch and half at the bottom and the nails really visible. She was in my house one night (which had soft wood floors) and was wearing the black boots. I asked her about the heels and their condition. She told me the reason she wore stilettos was to make her tall, and to look and sound sexy as she walked. She was not concerned about the condition or appearence of the heel in the slightest as she said the heels were mostly covered by her long jeans. She did remark how sharp the nails were though,and then lifted her foot to show me the nail - and told me she was probably going to wreck my floor with them. She never took them off, and walked and stood all night on the floor in them. True story. Nailheels