Sound of Platforms

eoneleg

There has been a lot said about the click of heels on hard surfaces - both pro and con. Personally, I like it. Having recently taken to wearing a concealed plat of a little more than one-inch, I have noticed the "click" followed by a combined "slap" and "thud" sound, sometimes sounding hollow. A friend said that she purposely declines to wear plats because of "sounding line a horse," but I disagree. What does anyone else think?

As a typically non platform stilletto wearing guy I did buy a pair of stiletto pumps with a half inch platform. I don't care for the sound either. I was not expecting ball of foot pain from extended wear. They look good but just are a killer to wear. I tthink I need toe flex to be comfortable.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The "sound" issued by high heels is yet another of interesting things about them. And my observation is that the clicking reports of the high heels is unique to each style of heels. You can't tell what any given pair of heels will sound like by merely looking at them. The construction and materials used has a lot to do with it, and the particular gait of the individual wearing them factors into it, too. I like the variety, whether it be the sharp "click" of a steel heel cap followed by the sound of a softer leather sole touching the surface, or the double report of the heel cap echoed when the harder sole hits. It's all good. I'd guess that this is particularly true in your own case, eoneleg. I would love to hear you walking on a hard surface in any variety of your highest heels, as your gait would be unmistakeable from all the rest, demanding notice.

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

The "sound" issued by high heels is yet another of interesting things about them. And my observation is that the clicking reports of the high heels is unique to each style of heels. You can't tell what any given pair of heels will sound like by merely looking at them. The construction and materials used has a lot to do with it, and the particular gait of the individual wearing them factors into it, too. I like the variety, whether it be the sharp "click" of a steel heel cap followed by the sound of a softer leather sole touching the surface, or the double report of the heel cap echoed when the harder sole hits. It's all good.

I'd guess that this is particularly true in your own case, eoneleg. I would love to hear you walking on a hard surface in any variety of your highest heels, as your gait would be unmistakeable from all the rest, demanding notice.

Thanks, Raincat. You are very kind - maybe some day...

E

I'd guess that this is particularly true in your own case, eoneleg. I would love to hear you walking on a hard surface in any variety of your highest heels, as your gait would be unmistakeable from all the rest, demanding notice.

A distinctly different sound I would imagine than any of us have had the opportunity to hear.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

So much depends on how the shoe or boot is made. Many of the plats out today have a hollow plastic platform. With a hard, thin sole, they do make a "clunk" or a clop sort of a sound. Better plats have cork or wood platforms, and don't make such a sound. I also like plats that "roll" under the ball of the foot as you walk, making for an easy stride. Plats forever...

There has been a lot said about the click of heels on hard surfaces - both pro and con. Personally, I like it. Having recently taken to wearing a concealed plat of a little more than one-inch, I have noticed the "click" followed by a combined "slap" and "thud" sound, sometimes sounding hollow. A friend said that she purposely declines to wear plats because of "sounding line a horse," but I disagree.

What does anyone else think?

This.

The 'click' as the heel tip goes down....then a kind of hollow 'clock' sound of the platform. It's odd when you have been used to the 'click clack' of ordinary stilettos.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"