New Block Heel Ankle Boots

HighCurious

Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time since I last posted, but I've not been doing much special that warranted a posting. However all that changed at the weekend.

I saw these ankle boots a while ago on Big Shoe Boutique and fell instantly in lust with them. :) However, due to my weird feet (I have one foot that's a UK 8.5 and the other that's a 10.5) I wanted to try them on first.

I wondered for a while how I was going to get to try a pair on, but every time I thought about it, I came to the same conclusion; I'd have to order them in to collect in store, there was no way any shop would have them in stock, on shelves, in a size 10 or 11. I didn't feel up to that at this stage in my heeling adventures.

Last weekend I decided that for the price I could afford to be wrong, and to just go for it and buy a pair of 11s. They arrived today. Well, actually they arrived yesterday when I was at work and I picked them up from the depot today, but same difference. :)

I got home and tried them on and they fit really well, very comfortable, maybe even large by half a size or so. I've currently got them on with some sole inserts and they're nice and snug.

I've been wearing my Pleaser Seduce boots (5" stiletto heels) most of the time recently, so the smaller heel size and block heels make the new ones so simple to walk in. I'm sure I could last all day if I could get the courage together to wear them out and about. :silly:

Anyway, I've now got my first pair of "mainstream" heels, i.e. not "stripper" heels and I'm loving them!

Now, there's also a knee high version of these on BSB, and I'm very, very tempted...

Have a fun weekend everybody,

HighCurious

They look fantastic, I love block heels and a round toe! The knee high version looks even better but the ankle ones are very cute.

I think it was the "cute" factor that got me interested in the first place, they stood out on the search page so much that I just had to click through.

Having walked in them a bit more now, I can report my feet tend to slip into the toes. I may have been able to get away with size 10s, but these are a comfortable width, so maybe not.

Looks like I'll be getting another pair of party feet, which I can't recommend highly enough, if anybody has any doubts about them.

HighCurious

Those are great looking boots. I would wear those to work and they look so comfortable.

They are very comfortable, especially with insoles or party feet. I really think I've found some heels I could spend all day on my feet in. :)

Be warned though! According to barney15c in my Big Shoe Boutique thread on the pay sites forum, BSB have been known to run very small on some shoes. However, the pair I got are actually a little large.

HighCurious

They are very comfortable, especially with insoles or party feet. I really think I've found some heels I could spend all day on my feet in. :)

Be warned though! According to barney15c in my Big Shoe Boutique thread on the pay sites forum, BSB have been known to run very small on some shoes. However, the pair I got are actually a little large.

HighCurious

BSB have had lots of complaints recently about their 'continental sizing' on some of their later heels i can testifty to this having bought a pair of platform heeled court shoes a size bigger than i normally wear, they felt 2 sizes smaller, very p1ssed off as they were beautiful shoes and just what i was after, a stupid sizing error meant they were almost impossible to wear. The current run of shoes seem to be fairly true to size. One would like to think they have taken heed of this constructive critisism for fear of alienating a sizable clientel who buy the larger sized range. Time will tell though . I can confirm the block heel ankle boots are lovely and fit very well. I bought the tan and the black, if the longer length ones come down in price i will have those too. By the way the block heel court shoes they are selling are also great and seem true to size. i have a pair in black lace (which are beautiful and look far more expensive than their £17 price tag) and a pair in black suede, they are very comfortable and smart. Confusingly they do a block heel almost identical in red suede and black matt and patent, they only go to a size 9 and 10 and are £30??? (why the price hike), the perceptions are they are small fitting too - which i find odd. Well done with you purchase High Curious.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

By the way the block heel court shoes they are selling are also great and seem true to size. i have a pair in black lace (which are beautiful and look far more expensive than their £17 price tag) and a pair in black suede, they are very comfortable and smart

That's good to know, I was looking at them as well. I'm glad I made an account. :)

HighCurious

• 2 months later...

I'm rather late in the day reading this thread but can vouch for the wearability of these boots. As noted elsewhere, I bought a black pair from Priceless (by mail order) in UK11 and they run true to size and are comfortable; the heel is exactly 4". I have given them several outings 'under cover of darkness' to break them in and am now plucking up courage to wear them more openly in the daytime, e.g. for a supermarket shopping trip - always a good place to wear heels with confidence. This is imho almost an ideal boot for conservative street-heeling as it is quite inconspicuous under long jeans. It would be even better if it had a higher shaft (i.e. a close-fitting zipped ankle boot, not calf or knee length) and I would prefer a less rounded toe for a more streamlined look and (to me) more comfortable fit. Those interested should buy these boots or their knee-length equivalents now (from Priceless or BSB) as the group is in administration and cessation of trading (or further imports) cannot be ruled out. But be aware that, as barney has said, some of the other styles from that source are not properly sized and run small. These boots (and others with the 'Sherbert' branding) are however OK for both length and width.

Would these stretch to fit a wide size 11 foot? My left is wider than my right, and has been triple fused so I need to be careful a out wearing tight boots (especially heels). My ankle seems to be telling me 4inches is th max for me :smile:. I wanted to try 5; looks like I will have to go for one with a platform - how are these to walk in, does the platform make tripping easier?

Best advice is to start wearing platforms indoors to you get used to them, for me I find them easier to walk in then just a pair with a five inch heels with no platform, I'm quite happy to wear a four inch one outside, reasonably esy to walk in, hope this helps.

Would these stretch to fit a wide size 11 foot? My left is wider than my right, and has been triple fused so I need to be careful a out wearing tight boots (especially heels). My ankle seems to be telling me 4inches is th max for me :smile:. I wanted to try 5; looks like I will have to go for one with a platform - how are these to walk in, does the platform make tripping easier?

I think you may be a little confused about these boots, leyland1. The BSB/Priceless boots that HighCurious and I (and others) bought have no platform and a straight and quite stable 4” heel. The toebox is quite rounded and roomy and the boots appear to be true to size in length and width. Given that the material is fairly thin faux suede, it should not be tight on a fairly wide UK11 foot – my feet are certainly not narrow and I have slight hereditary bunions but find that the boots are perfectly comfortable in width.

My advice would be to order a pair asap (£15.00 at Priceless right now, but stocks of UK11 are low!) and give them a try. I am no expert at street-heeling but these boots are certainly easy to wear and I haven’t tripped or stumbled yet!